Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details
By Anonymous
Be aware that taking Arcane Trickster currently (as of the Early Access release) doesn't automatically give you the Mage Hand cantrip, like in the 5E rules which say Mage Hand plus 2 additional cantrips. Here you just get a selection of two cantrips. If you do not select Mage Hand as one of those, you wont be able to use the subclass feature associated with it.
By Anonymous
Also I still don't know what the "additional tasks" are. The Mage Hand can't pickpocket, lockpick, no disable traps. Maybe these actions are not yet available in Early Access. As of today it's pretty useless since it only attacks and throws stuff.
By Anonymous
this is no longer the case it will give you the cantrip without selecting it once you pick the arcane trickster
By Anonymous
Why he dont have: Spell Thief: The obvious use it to steal spells from enemy spellcasters, but in a game when you might go several levels without seeing a spellcaster, a better option is to "steal" spells from your party's other spellcasters. Have them cast a useful low-level spell on you, like a buff spell or polymorph, and cast it on your own without needing to consume other spellcasters precious spell slots.
Because it s a power of ARCANE TRICKSTER
By Anonymous
That's a late game featura in D&D 5e arcane trickster. Probably will be a feature in Baldur's Gate 3 full game launch.
By Anonymous
Because this is a 17th level ability?
By Anonymous
It is very hard to justify picking it over thief in EA, the only circumstance I can see is when you go for a Moderately Armored feat and use rapier+shield, so you don't have a good use for your bonus action and rely on sneak attack and your invisible mage hand positioning for damage.
By Anonymous
how do you use mage hand for damage though? you mean sneaky push and dragging some flammable stuff?
By Anonymous
does intelligence affect how many spells i can "ready up" as with a wizard? what if i have 8 int but pick non-damaging spells?
By Anonymous
Basically, the more Intelligence you have, the more likely you are to affect enemies with your spells. This goes for both damage spells as well as non-damage spells. Arcane Trickster uses mostly Illusion and Enchantment Spells, for which you should have high Intelligence.

Number of spells known and number of daily casts are unaffected by Intelligence for Arcane Trickster.