Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki
By Anonymous
After some limited testing, gauntlet / reflection bosses deal less damage than they do on NG+2.
With 2 hardmodes active (charmless + demon bell), the Sword Saint's vertical shockwave attack (the one he uses after a deflected Ichimonji) dealt about 95-98% damage on NG+2 (i.e. reduced me to a sliver of health from full, and missing any health basically meant it's a oneshot), and about 85-92% in the reflection version (which is still very close to a oneshot, but sometimes healing items don't heal you to full and leave you with a very small amount missing - on NG+2 you'd need to heal one more time to be completely safe).
By Anonymous
Cool story bro
By Anonymous
Not sure how many people know this but it's permanently unlocked after beating the game with any ending I think, second for bosses like inner father or genichiro you just have to make it to the end of the trial instead of having to go through the game 4+ times to unlock them
By Anonymous
If it isn't affected by attack power upgrades, what is your attack power in gauntlets?
By Anonymous
"In both Reflections of Strength and Gauntlets of Strength, Attack Power is always 14. Enemy Health and Posture do not scale with NG+ in reflections or gauntlets but are affected by Kuro's Charm and the Demon Bell."
- From the wiki page on Attack Power.
By Anonymous
Definitely should have given a Rikimaru outfit for completing Mortal Journey.

Still rad to be able to fight every boss in a row, though.
By Anonymous
wtf is a the "rikimaru outfit"?
By Anonymous
Shout-out to Demon of Hatred for ruining half of these
By Anonymous
quick shout-out to christina applegate
By Anonymous
Honestly after beating the final mortal journey gauntlet, I found DoH to be a much more manageable fight than any of the Inner bosses. As with any other enemy, once you know the attack patterns it's pretty easy.

Maybe this is just because I play without Kuro's charm--so without any extended flurry attacks that require consecutive deflections (e.g. Genichiro who continuously hacks at you) , DoH is more
straightforward to me.
By Anonymous
Also learning to use the phoenix shield to deflect (not block) makes this fight 100x easier
By Anonymous
true, easy boss ruining all fun
By Anonymous
the most difficult boss rush ever. Rewards: NONE LOOOOOL
By Anonymous
Just for bragging rights and for the sake of the challenge, I assume
By Anonymous
the true Sekiro starts here
By Anonymous
awesome update
By Anonymous
no genichiro outfit sadge
By Anonymous
It's awesome how Fromsoft added the Inner bosses and gave us these bosses. They unlike their regular counterparts are a lot more difficult and have different movesets that players need to learn.
By Anonymous
The Fandom page says that your attack power is set to a certain level in the gauntlets. Does anyone know what those levels are? And does anyone know if the bosses get a set value as well?