Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
if you pickpocket keene and get caught, he will fight you without the plants
By Anonymous
This method does not seem to work, however if you sneak right behind him with one of your party, and cast an ability on him, then it doesn't seem to trigger the plants for some reason.
By pnutmnms
Love the laughable nonchalance of the last sentence: "Defeat the enemies within to acquire a full set of Contamination armor."

This battle was insane. Easily one of the hardest so far, and my 2-person Lone Wolf party each do 900+ damage. There are 7 very powerful plant enemies, and the most powerful one has like 6k vitality, 4k phys armor, 3k magic armor and does over 1k worth of damage. Oh, btw, he also has 6AP every turn.

The first time we fought we both were wiped out in like 2-3 turns. Not even close. My advice would be what someone else wrote -- get the boss plant's magic armor to 0 and then Charm and keep it Charmed for the rest of the battle. At least you won't have to worry about killing it until the end, and it'll take out half the enemies for you.

By Anonymous
i simply just deathfogged it using crates
By Anonymous
You have to kill the little flowers that buff the boss lmao
By Anonymous
I suggest to modify the last phrase of this page when it says: "The entrance to the research facility is at X375, Y230. Defeat the enemies within to acquire a full set of Contamination armor".

I would rather say: "(...). Defeat the enemies within to get any of these results, depending on your previous actions.

a) You killed Daeyena in Act I obtaining 1st and 2nd pieces (leggings and boots). Then, in Act II at the Black Pits, you obtained peacefully the 3rd piece (armour) from the magisters. Then, in Act IV after this fight at the sewers, you will obtain the 4th and 5th pieces (gloves and helmet). You have a complete set.

b) You didn't kill Daeyena in Act I. Then, in Act II at the Black Pits, you obtained peacefully the 3rd piece (armour) from the magisters. Then, in Act II near the Saw Mill, you killed Daeyena and obtained the 1st, 2nd and 4th piece (leggings, boots and gloves). Then, in Act IV after this fight at the sewers, you will obtain the 5th piece (helmet). You have a complete set.

c) You didn't kill Daeyena in Act I. Then, in Act II at the Black Pits, you obtained peacefully the 3rd piece (armour) from the magisters. Then, in Act II near the Saw Mill, you didn't kill Daeyena. Then, in Act IV after this fight at the sewers, you will obtain the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th pieces (leggings, boots, gloves and helmet). You have a complete set.

d) You didn't kill Daeyena in Act I. Then, in Act II at the Black Pits, you didn't obtain the 3rd piece (armour) from the magisters. Then, in Act II near the Saw Mill, you didn't kill Daeyena. Then, in Act IV after this fight at the sewers, you will obtain at once the 5 pieces (leggings, boots, armour, gloves and helmet). You have a complete set.

e) You have chosen any of the previous options, but you have sold any of the pieces before starting this fight at the sewers in Act IV. You don't have a complete set, because the game considers that your acquired and sold pieces have been acquired anyway. Therefore, you can't acquire them again after this fight, even though you don't have them equipped in your characters or stored in your inventory.

Guess which option I chose in the two playthroughs I've made.
By Anonymous
That was so unnecessarily long. You could've just said the last sentence should be revised to: "Defeat the enemies within to acquire the remaining pieces of the Contamination armor five-piece set. If you've previously sold, discarded, or otherwise disposed of any pieces, you will not receive that item again from this battle and the set will be incomplete."

Then again, your description of the possible quest progression and outcomes was actually better than the original article, so... thanks for being long-winded, I guess.
By Anonymous
Welcome to the internet, where people try to backseat comments as well.
By Anonymous
im trying to figure out where i have wronged. I guess I'll just accept that have taken the e option
By Anonymous
This is the comment I was looking for. The page says that if Daeyena was killed, then you could use trigger spores on the magister yourself or on a party member holding a spore to get the gloves. However, the magister was not there for me, and killing a teammate with a spore in their inventory didn't work either. I tried it on a magister corpse, and I tried it on a teammate who was already dead, but had the spore in their inventory then, too. None of it worked. I got the greaves, chestpiece, and leggings, but was freaking out because we're in Act III and we still hadn't found the gloves. Looks like I don't have to go crazy anymore trying to get them until Act IV. Thank you!
By Anonymous
If you killed Daeyena im Act I, you can also acquire the gauntlets in the Blackpits with the magisters that give you the cuirass if you trigger spores after getting it. A battle will start but it is easily avoided, and the gauntlets can be found in the magister's dead body (the one killed by the spores).
By Anonymous
I killed Daeyena in Act I and got the Legs and Boots. I did the Magister encounter in Act II and got the Chestpiece. I did the fight in Act IV and got the Helm. But I never got the Gloves as I was unaware that the spores had to be on a living character before being triggered and I have no spores remaining. I didn't realize my mistake until it was too late, and reloading a save would have meant losing a great deal of progress.

The easiest way to do this is to let Daeyena live and finish the armor herself. The pieces aren't any good until the set is finished anyway.
By Anonymous
So you sell the unique armor pieces and then expect them to magically reappear at the final fight? Is that what vexes you?
By Anonymous
I killed Daeyena in act 2. I have all pieces except the helm. I cleared the dungeon, but the Paladin didn't have the helm on him. I've tried putting the contaminated spores on his body and casting Trigger Spores on him, but it's not working. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
By Anonymous
killed Daeyena right next to the elven altar thing and didnt even lose the "Elf Friend" tag, lol
By Anonymous
What utter ******* the fight in Arx was...all of my party was dead cept Sebille, I ran away with her to take advantage of the ''Boost Flowers'' I had already destroyed and when I came back the Contaminated Horror (The giant anus) was simply dead, easy clean up after that. This last act is being a complete joke in it's difficult spike.
By Anonymous
Defeinitive Edition Btw.
By Anonymous
What exactly is Trigger Spores? What skill tree is it on?
By Anonymous
Geomancy
By Anonymous
hi guys, so sadly Daeyena died in my run on the ship. i looted the contaminated greaves, boots and i got trigger spores. now i am at the reapers coast where she is supposed to be if she were alive, all i can find there are 2 flawed seeds. anyone know what i should do to continue the quest? i have read somewhere that i can create the gauntlets myself if i use trigger spores near a magister in black pits, can anyone confirm this and maybe go a little bit into detail?
By Anonymous
On top of a ledge in the black pits you'll meet some Magisters that have the rest of the armor. You're missing the helmet that comes at a later stage in the game
By Anonymous
hello. i'm stuck with finding the helmet of contamination.
in our game, we killed daeyana in act2.
now, in Arx, with won the fight against contaminated flowers, and the contaminated paladin died. we tried to put unperfect spore in his inventory, with no results.
we tried to put perfect spore in, no results...
we tried to used the Futeko's mod "The Relics of Rivellon - Stand Alone" to recover the quests, but even if we tried many answers, canno't find a good one to get the helmet...

have any ideas ? someone (3april2021 08:16) post a reply with same situation talking about a player character becoming contaminated... do we have do do something to do that ?
By Anonymous
Probably you forgot to cast the spell. It can be found in the same room, in case you did not learn it back in Driftwood.
By Anonymous
nah, we tried it in many different ways...
spore in dead paladin's body then spell
spore in one player then spell...
etc..
By Anonymous
The paladin is wearing the helmet when you get there. All you should have to do is loot it once the fight is over.
By Anonymous
In definitive addition: I did not get the gauntlet drop. But planted / put a spore in the inventory of the dead paladin and cast active spore spell. Poof! Gauntlets created!
By Anonymous
This worked / helped.