Comments made to our ESO Wiki
By Anonymous
If I were to equip this ring (no crits) and then try to use Vampire skill Arterial Burst (morph of Eviscerate) while under 50% health (for guaranteed crit), would I crit or not? I'm not sure whether this set bonus or the skill overrides the other...
By Anonymous
No it would still not crit.
By Anonymous
Yes
By Anonymous
you can critical heal?
By Anonymous
Yes
By Anonymous
I think losing crit is too high a cost unless there a build that does not use crit at all. Looking at the numbers, it would take much to overcome the loss of crit
By Anonymous
Hmm there needs to be a dps test with that.
for the numbers i think, it sounds interesting to have a 100% chance on each hit to deal 25% more dmg with all dmg-sources instread of a 30-60% crit-chance of 50% extra dmg of a random dmg source. it could be the smal dot that gets the crit, the light attack that could get the crit chance or the strong skill or weak skill that gets the crit chance to deal the extra 50% dmg. and that random crit chance can be difficult to determine how effective the outcome is.
By Anonymous
If you used this ring, then I wonder if you could make up for the lack of crit damage by stacking penetration and/or spell/wep damage? Not having to worry about might make gearing easier with one less stat to worry about buffing... Thoughts?
By Anonymous
I think it's very interesting. So classic crit gives us 150%, this ring gives us 125%. If to not have crits we can go all the way into damage without critical chance and critical damage and critical damage CP and Skills on skill bar. We release a lot of free room for raw damage.
By Anonymous
Will this increase Zaan Damage?
By Anonymous
increases Oblivion damage?
By Anonymous
I hate this thing so damn much. Been in the imperial city for 3 days! Trying to get it. Either I get zerged by a bunch of freeloaders or I have to kill 20 or so bosses before I give out. PLEASE for the love of god remove this from Cyrodiil gods sake.
By Anonymous
please update text
the 50% less crit has become 100% less crit
By Anonymous
It has not become 100% less crit damage. It is 50% less crit damage. I just looked at it in my inventory, and it has not changed.

Also, there is a lot of misinformation in the posts in this string of posts. It does not say that you can't crit, it just says that when you crit, the damage will be 50% lower. Now I have not seen any conclusive testing to determine how this is calculated. It could be that the nornal crit bonus is an extra 50% damage, but with the ring you lose half of that. That seems to be the consensus, but there could be other ways to calculate it that would effectively make it equivalent to no crit at all. However, I would think that it still would allow effects that depend on critting to proc. I'll try testing it out to see if I can figure out how it works.