Discuss Demon's Souls and the start of the Souls Series
Wiki: Demon's Souls Wiki

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 18,874.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2140
So....i've heard that the Demon's Souls Servers have been closed recently......
and on the internet there are rumors about a PS4 Version......
IF FS will release a PS4 Version i'm sure i'll buy it
What do you think guys ?
VIP

AnCapaillMor

Revived
Savior

HorseLord of Horseington

Souls: 1,870.75
Bank: 3,199.99
Wiki Edits: 58
Wow they've finally shut down? I was a young lad when i remember seeing the 1st messge in game about servers closing down soon.
Shop IconShop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 22,906.50
Wiki Edits: 18
AnCapaillMor wrote:Wow they've finally shut down? I was a young lad when i remember seeing the 1st messge in game about servers closing down soon.

fans begged for them to say up, and it worked for several years.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

Walter_White

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,457.75
WTF, i played the EU Version 3 days ago and there where traffic at Old Monk. Had 2 fights....and 3 guys dying on the way to the boss fog in 2h - not bad for a game so old.

Hope it's just a rumor, or we have to screem again loud enough. Perhaps we should all log in again in the next days to show them, that it's not dead. Who comes to 4-1 for a little FC tonight? I could host at around 8 p.m. GMT+1 on EU Servers. I could also host on NA or ASIAN servers, but i would prefer EU....

They are not allowed to shut down the servers, before we got a PS4 Version, they can't take away my most loved game in the soulsborne series without proper substitute. DkS3 is good in that regard, but not perfect.

All bad things must come to an end...

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

There is no such thing as a proper substitute for Demons Souls.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

Walter_White

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,457.75
Forum_Pirate wrote:There is no such thing as a proper substitute for Demons Souls.

a PS4 Version (prefered with the 6th archstone active) would be a proper substitute, but it had to be the same game engine, not the BB/DkS3 engine....and please keep the drop undropable things in multiplayer and the Thomas glitch for fast building of PvP toons....

All bad things must come to an end...
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 43,783.50
Wiki Edits: 561
Walter_White wrote:
Forum_Pirate wrote:There is no such thing as a proper substitute for Demons Souls.

a PS4 Version (prefered with the 6th archstone active) would be a proper substitute, but it had to be the same game engine, not the BB/DkS3 engine....and please keep the drop undropable things in multiplayer and the Thomas glitch for fast building of PvP toons....

I couldn't care less about the dupe glitch personally, since back then I could clear the whole game in 4 hours and have a new character PvP ready in 5. Dropping undroppable stuff could just be made into an actual thing instead of a glitch (as in, just make them droppable instead). Spellswap glitch needs to go, though.

It's just a rumor and there's no confirmation that From is planning a PS4 Demon's Souls, but if they do bring it back I hope they keep the general idea of the weapon reinforcement/multiplayer restriction thing from DaS3. Except, change it so that it's only based off what the highest upgraded weapon in your inventory is instead of highest upgraded ever, and also make it to only +1 higher instead of +2 higher.

Keep Soulsucker as is, retain the effectiveness of Scraping Spear and Acid Cloud (with the weapon upgrade multiplayer limit, Scraping Spear would count as a +7 weapon), buff a couple of the weaker boss weapons like Meat Cleaver, double the duration of the spell Soul Thirst, make crossbows upgradable, reclass the Old Hero's sword into a curved greatsword and boost its base damage and scaling, include 2-3 more curved greatswords and 1-2 greatbows in the 6th Archstone DLC, increase the droprate of Pure Bladestone, make a couple more Luck-scaling things so Luck isn't virtually useless, keep spells with no requirements and catalysts/talismans with no upgrades (so they're still based on pure scaling alone), and give Faith a couple of offensive miracles other than Wrath of God. Should be fun.

Plouto777

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 4,982.00
What? Are the servers closed permanently or will they come back up?
I was planning to start a coop playthrough with a friend who has never played it before in a couple of weeks.

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Walter_White wrote:

That's not a substitute, that's just Demons Souls again.
- George W. Bush

CrackedBeastTalisman

Souls: 137.00
I'd prefer a straight port of the game to PS4. The only thing that I'd like changed is the Pure White/Pure Black world tendencies being affected by the online communities'- that way we could have better control over getting NPC's to show up.