Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

"Greatest wizard FAERUM has ever known" Excuse you what the***** is a faerum?
Faerún is the name of the continent where the game is set.
found the guy too dumb to type his question into google instead of the game wiki
That is the continent this realm is based on, that most books are written about. Toril is the planet. (although I might have spelled that wrong)
Handsome fella
what will happen if i just leave him in the camp and dont give him his fix?
Nothing so far. He just whines about it. I have the items he wants (3 of them), but he doesn't even do anything beyond saying "we've encountered an item that fits, but don't have it yet."
Anyone know who the voice actor for Gale is? To me he sounds like Richard Ayoade.
His name is Steve Valentine
I don't think it's Richard Ayoade.
He sounds like Stephen Merchant -- Wheatley from Portal
Its not steve valentine. He confirmed it wasnt on his twitter.
did someone had a romance with gale? i'm just his best friend :(
a lot, him and shadowheart are the two most romanced according to the devs
I managed to get the Gale romance trigger today! Unsure how I did/why it triggered just yet but you can gain approval twice.

It has to be at night/end of the day at camp. Talk to him (He'll have an exclamation point above him).

1. Agree to have Gale teach you how to use magic/summon The Weave. (+1 Gale Approval)

2. Imagine kissing him or imagine walking with him, holding hands. (+1 Gale approval if you choose one of these options)

Unfortunately the romance scene is so buggy for most people at the moment but I hope this helps in the future! Let's go Gale romance!
how on earth did you do it? I am struggling and desperate...
Huh, he hasn't been talking to me since he died and I ressed him using his instructions. No new converstaions on any level of approval. I hoped for a romance but i can't even talk to him as a friend... or as anything xD
This page says you can give him the necromancy tome for his personal quest (consuming a powerful magical item) but I get no option to do this? I have the book, I have the gem to unlock it, I passed all the wisdom checks to unlock it and I still can't give it to him...anyone else know any reason why?
It's because you unlocked the tome. He wants the tome for himself unopened. If you did the checks then you've already failed the way you give it to him. The dialog option to hand it to him is before all the checks, you probably just glanced over that option.
[SPOILERS AHEAD REGARDING COMPANION AFFECTION]

I seen a few people wondering how to gain affection of certain characters, and for those of you interested in starting a love story with... Well, anyone, I thought you might find my experience interesting:

Originally, I didn't mean to romance any character at all. Not because there is anything wrong with them in particular, but none of them really felt like a good fit for my ranger lady. Astarion is cool and all, but his preference for "evil" choices made him a "nope" for this particular character's playthrough. Gale and Wyll just felt rather ... Ehm, not really into-the-wilds enough, so I just thought I'd ignore the entire affection-run entirely and simply roleplay my ranger and just deal with whatever negative/positives that comes along the way.

So, all in all my ranger has a personality more suited for Wyll / Gale (meaning she's generally a "good" person, wanting so save innocents - but she dosn't hesitate to kill those she deem deserving of it). Most of my calls are neutral and I've had disapproves and approves coming in and out from all of my companions (I really thought I was pretty much on neutral ground at best with most of my followers). However, after defeating the goblin leaders, during the celebration in your camp - ALL 3 OF THE MALE CHARACTERS SHOWED ROMANTIC INTEREST AND WANTED TO SPEND THE NIGHT.

I have not chosen any flirty options (that I am aware of) prior to this event - I did however let Astarion suck my blood on that one occasion, and then I asked him to stop at once. That's it. I even ignored my companions for most part, pretty much only speaking to them when they had the yellow " ! " above their head. Out of curiosity I accepted Astarions suggestions to spend the night - and the other two, Wyll and Gale, immediately expressed jealousy (literally out loud, but not in a immature way) when interacting with them afterwards (I interacted with ALL available NPCs during this evening just to see if there was any hidden conversations - the reason I talked to Astarion first is cause he had a " ! " above his head).

So what do I want to say with this? Unless you're literally roleplaying a perfect-fit partner (or testing how much the affection scale matters) for a companion; just do your own characters roleplaying - you don't have to backtrack each time you see a "disapprove"-marker. It really does not appear to be very difficult to create a romantic relationship with a companion, even if your character and the companion don't see eye to eye on everything. (like I said, I've had negative and positive reactions from all of them)
Gale left my Party forever after a Wisdom Check failed to find out more what it is hes hiding about before i gave him a "yes" to hear him out about his hunger for Artefacts. So now i have given Astarion to the Monsterhunter and Gale has left Party because he does not find me trustworthy after having brought relationship to exceptional allready on him.
I wonder where i meet him next time in the world because he needs to satisfy his Artefact hunger.