Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

OatmealMu

Souls: 885.00
Wiki Edits: 166
You can make grinding for these a little easier on yourself by equipping a Geology Jewel. It allows you to pick up each shiny drop twice. This will probably be patched out, so act fast.

Anedime

Casual
Convict

Souls: 187.50
Wiki Edits: 21
Doubt it's gonna get patched out, it's not a glitch or an exploit, the ability is working as intended.
wait what? what does mining have to do with this?

Wolf_Pwnz_Noobs

Casual
Convict

Souls: 83.00
Wiki Edits: 5
As of 06/27/2020 still working.
Also it drops from certain tempered monsters too not just elder dragons
Nope, sorry! These do not exist in my game.
Any threat 3 tempered monster drops it, elder dragons, savage deviljoo and rajang for console
Don't forget that Seething Bazelgeuse counts too!
I received two from the same (largest) Velkhana in guiding lands.
So when do threat 3 tempered monsters start showing up anyway? It's more than a little tiring that most of my gear needs these and I cant even farm them. The only tempered monsters that show up are threat level 1 or 2.
Guiding lands level 7
I got this from a tempered Golden Rathian, so as others pointed out, reckon any Threat Level 3 Tempered Monster in the Grinded Lands can drop it.
Tempered sliver and gold rathian drops it as well
Crapass droprate is crap, thanks crap I'm, thanks for showing us how much you hate us.

Anedime

Casual
Convict

Souls: 187.50
Wiki Edits: 21
There's a kind of cheesy way to increase gains. Rather than just hunting monsters that carry them and hoping to get them from carves, put on one geologist gem (You can put on more but you only need level 1 geologist for this) It lets you gather twice from the shinnies dropped by monsters, than rather than focusing on beating the monster, you focus on breaking its parts and slamming it against the wall as many times as possible , you basically double your chances of getting a Great Spiritvein gem every time you pick up a shiny, and the more shinies you get it to drop, the more chances you have to double. Fighting this way, you should be averaging anywere between 4-8 gems per monster, which is pretty generous compared to 1-2 you get just hunting monsters normally.