Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

why on earth are there only 6, i get that they’re fleshed out and all but at least give us 10
If you found 6 companions on "earth" your playing the wrong game. This is "the outer worlds" page .. Lol
What relevance does 10 have?
Because most games have issues when the number of companions go over a certain point Mass Effect 2 is a good example you have like 12 people to choose from but I rarely use any outside of their missions
not very much character development for the characters. you basically get them handed to you for nothing. they are placed right in front of you. and you do 1 thing for them and bam.. best pals.
Ah, like new vegas.
Thats not true at all. Exept for that pal thing... but there is plenty of Character development. Just play their Quests.
I don't disagree. I almost didn't take Felix because of how blatant this was. I kept hoping he was a Board spy ala Firefly.
Wish some of the NPCs with names but no storyline/quest-line role could be made into companions
I'm guessing no one has noticed how much this companion system mirrors Mass Effect...
In a way it does mirror Mass Effect. The guys who founded Obsidian worked at Black Isle and released Fallout 2 in 1998 and that had a companion system too, in the same year Bioware released Baldur's Gate that also had companions. Both Bioware and Obsidian have had similar companion systems over the years, two similar developers started at the same time and have collaborated at least 3 times that I know of. List of Obsidian games that have companions with strong stories and the ability to level them up: Pillars of Eternity 2 (2018) Tyranny (2016) Pillars of Eternity (2015) South Park: Stick of Truth (2014) Fallout: New Vegas (2010) Neverwinter Nights 2 (2006) Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 (2004) Under Black Isle the lead guys were involved in similar games with companions: Planescape: Torment (1999) Fallout 2 (1998)
Literally everyone noticed, we just didn't pretend that it was important.
There's only six? Wow I thought with Obsidian I expected more with you have to choose which companion you should recruit because you have limited amount of cabin on your ship.
Wow. They all look absolutely bland.
Yeah they're all mostly pretty boring and uninteresting
I found the information in this companion guide very useful. Thanks!
whoooooops i killed vicar
"Romance is not an option for companions, as developers felt it could limit player choice" ..uh, wut?
Its a shame but it isn't really that important. Would have been a nice bonus though...

SausageforPalico

Souls: 200.00
Wiki Edits: 30
It would limit choice since romance in F4 gave buffs, if it were included in this game it would likely only be included if they were your current companion.
If a character is your in-game love interest, you might feel him/her essential for any mission, or vice-versa, you might want to kip them from seeing any action and possible hurt. "Just colleagues" makes your choice more talent-oriented. Don't look at me. People form weirder bonds IRL.
If this game was made by CD Projekt Red, you would have to shag all of them to complete the game.
I think they were fans of Firefly/Serenity. There were 6 original crew member.
Ellie is molded off of Mal "Capt. Tight Pants' Reynolds
Parvati is Kaylee Fry the sweet caring engineer.
Vicar Max is Shepherd Book the spiritual teacher with a past.
Nyoka is Zoe the warrior woman
Felix is Wash, the crafty sweet talker.
SAM is Jayne Cobb the intimadator.