Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details
By Anonymous
Dark Souls, but only one type of weapon, no Fashion Souls, horrid graphics and lame enemies and bosses! This súcks!!!
By Anonymous
hollow knight is great (except for white palace)
By Anonymous
maybe just expand your reach in gaming... or find something else to do
By Anonymous
Dude... all I have to say is that I adore this game and if you want to complain about it, CAN YOU DO IT SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN THE WIKI WHERE AVERYONE IS PRAISING IT! Its insulting...
Besides, I think dark souls games are dumb so how would you like it if I went on a website for souls games and started bagging on IT, hu!? sorry just got a little defencive of one of my favorite games...you can have your oun oppinion even if other people love this game.
By Anonymous
You can have your oun oppinions about the game, but no one, and I mean NO ONE, insults this games graphics, its gorgeous!
By Anonymous
how is this related to dark souls, IN THE SLIGHTEST???
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
The original commenter has a right to his opinion if he doesn’t like Hollow Knight, and a right to express it here. It’s really not that bad. To the recent replier, please relax. This is the Internet and he’s being critical; I love HK, but have to agree that this game can and should be improved VERY in many ways, such as adding more weapons. Regarding the graphics, that’s opinion... So what if he thinks they’re bad? Metroidvania-style 2D games aren’t for everyone. And many elements of the gameplay are suspiciously similar to Dark Souls.
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
Comparing Hollow Knight to Dark Souls - though I love many of the characters to the moon and back, I understand where the original commenter is coming from in some ways. More weapons would be nice, and I personally would appreciate a better and complete story in which Hallownest can be saved and brought back to its former glory once the Radiance is destroyed. However, it’s absolutely immature to end the comment with “this súcks!”. That’s the only problem with this critical comment expressing one’s opinion. It kind of nullifies the point he was trying to make, and makes him sound like an angry kid who’s just complaining.

Anyhow, to the replier (I think we’ve met!) basically, not everyone will love HK. It’s not the end of the world someone criticizes it or dislikes it for whatever reason. Don’t let it bother you.
By Anonymous
you suck!
By Anonymous
Oh come on man this game is GREAT!
By Anonymous
lol this person isn't one for indie games. not that team cherry is as large as dark souls, they did a good job.
By Anonymous
hi
By Anonymous
It would be nice if the Fandom site allowed comments!
It's always fun looking at complaints and discussions about certain enemies, locations, etc.
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
Wait, what the...? Why is there an icon of *Hornet* atop the main logo for this Hollow Knight wiki? Hornet and the Weaversong charm??? That doesn’t make sense at all... She’s not the main character or protagonist of HK — the Knight is... His face should be there on the logo, along with the Kingsoul or Voidheart charm. It would be nice if whomever made the graphic could simply correct and update it. There’s a completely separate wiki here for “Silksong”, so Hornet being on the logo here with the Weaversong charm as if the original Hollow Knight game is centered around her is flat-out bizarre. Please fix this with a logo that makes sense and honors the Knight as the main protagonist, if possible. (I could make it, but I don’t know how to upload images to this particular website.)
By Anonymous
Ah, yes. I didn't notice that until just now. Don't think you mentioned this either, but the main logo on the home page is also Hornet's head, for some reason. I do agree with you that it should be changed. (The home logo should be the Knight's head, and maybe the Void Heart instead of Weaversong. At least, that's what I think it should be)
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
Indeed, thank you - I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thinks the purposely tacked-on Hornet-themed logos here are really... weird, unnecessary, and downright out-of-place. It’s the equivalent of making a “Sonic the Hedgehog Wiki” but tacking-on Shadow the Hedgehog’s face over the logo and all over the place... That’s nonsense. Hollow Knight is NOT Hornet’s game - she’s basically the anti-hero, and the *fandom* popularized her. This game centers around the Knight, as he is the central protagonist. And believe me, I am *very aware* that a ton of HK “fans” absolutely simp over Hornet... Hornet, Hornet, Hornet... No offense, but the Hornet-simping is getting rather obnoxious in many cases, and the Hornet logo with the Weaversong charm here is honestly so ridiculous, considering the WIP “Silksong” (status suspiciously unknown for 3 straight years, hah...) is Hornet’s game. A slap in the face to the Knight, and to the actual game. The legendary wandering Vessel Knight should be honored on his game’s Wiki, for Heaven’s sake. I don’t like that he’s just getting buried and almost forgotten by the toxic part of the fandom because people worship flipping Hornet so much - and she’s not even a well-developed character... Quirrel and Zote honestly have deeper character-development... The Knight is a true hero, and he should be celebrated on his own wiki. Please give him his logo! Can someone please fix this??? It just isn’t right, in more ways than one...
[Again, I can easily fix the graphic if no one else cares to - if someone can simply instruct me on how to upload and replace the Hornet-themed one, I’d be more than happy to correct this with a Hollow Knight logo with the Knight’s head and the Void Heart charm in place of the very misplaced Hornet stuff.]
By Anonymous
(Reply:) Same person from the first comment! I believe I know the...well, if you could call it one, "backstory", of how this situation came to be. I tried to see if there were any editions to this wiki where the logo was changed, added, etc. And funnily enough, the first ever edition of the home page ONLY focused on Silksong. Not even kidding, it's all just about Silksong and all information surrounding it. However, there was no logo at all...so it might've just been added after someone thought this was the Silksong wiki.
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
Wow, thank you so much for getting to the bottom of that! Huh... Yeah... That figures... The logo history doesn’t surprise me... It’s just like I said - the Hornet simps are making the fandom insanely toxic, hyping up Hornet and Silksong like she’s a goddess when she’s just a mere poorly-developed anti-hero. I honestly typically avoid anything to do with HK fandom on account of the Hornet simps and how horribly they treat everyone who isn’t on-board with their Hornet waifu cult and “Silksong hype!!!!1” as they chant everywhere... And I’m dead-serious when I say this, but I know for a fact that a good chunk of those Hornet simps don’t even play the damn original game... They just hear about the character from the fandom and jump on the simp bandwagon... That’s how bad this is... —— Ugh, I’ll try not to go on too much of a rant, but I really want to know — does the TRUE majority of the Hollow Knight fandom REALLY want to turn a game with so much potential into just another mindless “anime waifu game”??? Like, just screw the Knight and everyone else (all of the incredible, endearing, memorable characters, and incredible Hallownest locations, from HK, with so much potential for further development), dump them ALL in the garage, forget they ever existed, and simp, simp, simp for Hornet (oh, and that NEW waifu Lace)??? That’s literally all Silksong is and ever will be... It is the DEATH of this entire series, barely related to the original game aside from *one* flipping character pulled out from it — NOT a true sequel, and I am just really fed-up with of all this nonsense... Team Cherry is just as much at fault, possibly worse than the fandom. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I despise Hornet and never saw the appeal in her character at all. With better, revamped writing, she actually isn’t a necessary character at all, and can easily be written out... We all know Team Cherry only created her to be the pointless killer-waifu character with a screeching “magical anime girl” voice (that seriously makes me want to staple my ears shut every time I hear it), specifically and strategically assigning a young Japanese woman to voice her (and that hideous “Lace” too, by the way... I see where this is going...)
Team Cherry made a ridiculous knee-jerk move, dumping the legendary Hallownest in the garbage as a sacrifice for their little “goddess” Hornet because they and the toxic loud-minority(?) of the fandom have a weird thing for her. Now I wonder if TC might be regretting it? Three years and nothing? Ha... Their sudden silence is extremely weird... If they had just hired a writer and made a *real* sequel, reviving Hallownest and adding more content onto the kingdom, with the ability to play as *multiple* different characters (not JUST Hornet) using all sorts of weapons and combat styles, Hollow Knight might have had an incredible comeback! Throwing away all of the original characters aside from Hornet and trashing Hallownest is completely idiotic... ——

TL;DR: Anyhow.... Please do forgive me for the rant - I’m actually very much mourning the death of this incredible game at the hands of Hornet and her toxic cult... Thanks, Team Cherry! I wish we could at least give the Knight, the true hero who sacrificed himself for his kingdom (along with his elder brother, and shade siblings), a freaking logo for HIS rather unfinished game’s wiki before TC sacrifices the whole series to their little tyrant arachnid princess goddess, and the Knight is forgotten/unappreciated...
By Anonymous
simp hornet fans v awsome hollow knight enjoyers you decide
By BrummkinWisp
Brumm is better than Hornet and Grimm he should be the icon of the wiki
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
Anyone else absolutely love the Hollow Knight soundtracks? Christopher Larkin is a musical genius. Such a hauntingly beautiful soundtrack. Grimm’s battle themes are like a *major* mood-booster for me - being a Grimmkin, it keeps my flame-soul alive. (^_^)♥️ I also love “Truth, Beauty & Hatred” (Grey Prince Zote’s theme), Pure Vessel’s theme (very ethereal and angelic), “Soul Sanctum” (which contains Soul Master’s incredible battle theme), and “Sealed Vessel” (which honestly brings tears to my eyes as I reflect on the agony of the Hollow Knight - so poignant...) “Pale Court” is great too. I’m curious to know, what does everyone else think of the music? What are your favourite tracks?
By Anonymous
Ah, yes! The soundtrack is very nice. (Coming from someone with music experience) It all has a very nice kind of fallen kingdom ambience to it. Also, I very much agree with how good Grimm's battle themes are. It sounds so...medieval, doesn't it?. How nice of a job Christopher Larkin did!
By Anonymous
absolutely! the almost sinister organ tones in soul sanctum, the motivating piano sounds in city of tears, which perfectly underline the pounding of the rain and at the same time the sadness of the scenery, the musical ascent parallel to the playful ascent in Kingdoms edge and so on. his atmosphere gives the final kick to the liveliness of the game and transports so many feelings, it's unbelievable! there are already two tracks from Silksong, which fortunately show that Mr. Larkin not only keeps the level, but even develops ("lace" for example: a grandiose string quartet!). would be interesting to know and hear what mr larkin could accomplish outside of video games. my new favorite soundtrack composer and I look forward to all his projects in the future!
By Anonymous
I ADORE THE SOUNDTRACK!!! :]
By BrummkinWisp
Nah I HATE the Hollow Knight OST. Brimm doesn't have his own theme song
By Anonymous
Anyone else think Tiso is just a nice person? Although they do think rather highly of themself, I love just how confident they are! (Warning spoilers ahead: If you have not met Tiso past the well in Dirtmouth, do not proceed) I hate that they had to die...it would've been SO fun if you go to fight with Tiso in the Colosseum of Fools!
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
Yeah, I love Tiso! :) He’s so ambitious and snippy, the blue beetle boy, but that’s what I love about his character! I like his voice too. I think he is a cobalt milkweed beetle based on his design. I always want to talk to him when I play through the game, but of course I end up avoiding him because of what happens to him as he gets to the Colosseum... He’s sitting on the bench in the Crossroads Stag Station in my game right now, and that’s where I want him to stay! Keep him out of harm’s way... Poor guy. He deserves a happy ending... I like your idea. Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could also meet him at the Colosseum of Fools, and instead of the bad ending, both of you could fight off a boss together using teamwork (similar to how Quirrel helps in the fight with Uumuu). Then once you and Tiso conquer the boss, Tiso could then move to Dirtmouth where he has a home there like Bretta, and having befriended him he will always be there to talk to you and help the Knight train.
[PS. I tried to reply to your comment yesterday, but my first reply glitched out and didn’t post.]
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
Yeah, I love Tiso! He’s one of my favourites, and I was planning on filling in his unfinished page whenever I got a chance. (He’s confirmed to be a male character, btw, so “he/him”.) He’s ambitious and a little snippy, but that adds so much to his character! I think he’s a cobalt beetle. I too am deeply upset that the end of his quest ends in him dying tragically and you can’t save him... I want to talk to him but I end up avoiding speaking to him and keep him on the bench in the stag station in the Crossroads because I don’t want to see his lifeless exoskeleton thrown onto the edge of the cliff... I’d love a good ending in which you can save him at the Colosseum, both of you use teamwork to fight a boss there together, then he returns to Dirtmouth, makes his home there, and offers to spar with you. :)
By GrimmkinWisp
Posts Avatar
Agh, what...? I have no idea why this website posted my initial reply over 24 hours later... I had to rewrite and repost my reply to you, then of course it actually posts my first response underneath it! So it looks like I wrote two of the same comments. Sorry about that! This website has a wonky comment-posting system. :P
By Anonymous
hollow knight silksong is coming soon!
By Anonymous
Silk song Already came. Knock knock hello??
By AnotherRandomArtist
Um...whoever just said it already came out, don't listen to 'em. It's kind of a complete lie. Search it up yourself if you'd like, but I can very much, (With evidence to back me up), that it has not come out yet. Not on any platform it has been set to release on.
By Anonymous
I love hollow knight tho i suck at it so if I can get at least SOME support that would be great :)
By Anonymous
Hey guys I need yur help on this game so come on peeps help me out here!..oh right. Plz?
By Anonymous
what r u having trouble with?
By Anonymous
Having trouble with all the bosses I can’t get past the guy with the big slamming thing
By Anonymous
I love the beautiful maps of each area that display pins to mark the locations of various objects / characters / bosses. One problem: I can’t seem to find a legend / key to define what the various pins represent! Can anyone help out here?