Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki
By Anonymous
What does this guy even do?
By Anonymous
Tells you what each of the monkeys do.
By Anonymous
He grows delicious pudding on the side of his head, in case you get hungry while chasing the monkeys.
By Anonymous
I hope there is more of him, the way he says u dont belong to the Hall of Illusion and asking u to leave is quite sinister plus whats the point of going back to Hall of Illusion
By Anonymous
You can go back here to meet Kotaro if you finished his quest
By Adik
also to meet the Divine Child of Rejuvenation once she moves there.
By Anonymous
your stupidity is sinister
By Anonymous
If you look at the description of the Divine Abduction tool, it says it's possible to send someone back from wherever they end up after being abducted. I haven't attempted it, but is it possible you can use the tool on this monk to remove him from the Illusory Halls?
By Anonymous
It just turns enemies around and some enemies can be open to deathblows at that time and that's it. Nothing else happens, doesn't send anyone back to where they came from.
By Anonymous
Y
By Anonymous
I accidentally use Divine Abduction on him after Kotaro Quest and he's gone from the Hall, after i go back and rest from Inner Sanctum Idol i found him dead beside the portal on Illusionary Hall, lol
By Anonymous
For me he was in the hall before completing the monkeys, he gave information on each of them and mentioned someone else before who got trapped here and tried to catch them.
By Anonymous
Don't worry guys, I have updated the Wiki with as much information as I have. Unfortunately after beating the boss you cannot get his dialogue where he tells you the monkeys info and I cannot remember it so the dialogue part stays the same for now. Thank you all for being supportive.
By Anonymous
The person who was stuck there before you does not suggest Genichiro. Its an explanation for why there are hints scattered about. They ultimately failed, and the temple went silent.
By Anonymous
Genichiro was at least capable of visiting the Fountainhead Palace, and is described as turning to "Heretical arts" in order to protect both his country and find a way to bring back his dead mother--his "Lightning of Tomoe," ability, however, is not described as being heretical, and when you first kill him, he revives in a way associated with the Rejuvenating Waters said to come from the Divine Child of Rejuvenation. Out of every faction we encounter, which are the ones described as heretical? And which own the Senpou Temple/have imprisoned the Divine Child of Rejuvenation in their temple in order to exploit her? He could have easily traveled to the Illusory Halls and failed, but then left.
By Anonymous
To the comment below: He's not trying to bring back his dead mother. There is literally NO sense in this being a goal of Genichiro's, unless his mother was some bad@ss warrior who could save Ashina (which is never even implied).
By Anonymous
26 April 2019 : He's making that assumption because Genichiro makes a statement a couple times about "saving her." But the "her" he's referring to is ofc actually Ashina.
By Anonymous
The person he mentions was there on a mission some time ago is Tomoe, she was searching for the mortal blade. It is said on the key item Tomoe's Note: "Lord Takeru's coughs are worsening still; Returning to the divine realm is hopeless, and I wish only to sever the Dragon's Heritage and restore his humanity. Restoration requires the Everblossom and Mortal Blade, and yet I cannot acquire the latter. It was hidden by the High Priest of Senpou Temple, who has no desire to sever the immortal ties..."
By Anonymous
I don't see how the writing in that note helps at all. We don't know much about her but it's hard to imagine she would literally just give up and presume the mortal blade isn't there.