Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki
By Anonymous
I don't know what I would do without wiki.
By Anonymous
Why does Story & Lore have something fit for Notes & Trivia.
By Anonymous
It says Isshin gives Wolf the name Sekiro, but the Tengu is the first character that you can meet that calls him Sekiro.
By Anonymous
Read Tengus’s story, I just found out for myself
By Anonymous
After you defeat saint Isshin, he will kneel and wont get up untill u decide to cut him down.
By Anonymous
Just finished beating him, he was the last boss I needed to kill towards to playinum trophy on PS4. Even though the game lags as***** took me about 3 hours to do this. On Emma, it's all about staying close, dodging left side and using the Ichimonji: Double. First phase: Bait him with R1 (he will dodge it) then dodge left and use whirlwind slash followed by another R1 baiting him, repeated that the whole phase. Second phase: firecrackers + Mortal draw 3-4 times and then kept running around the area waiting for him to use the fire attacks and randomly hitting him.
By Anonymous
Or you could just memorize his moves and parry him
By Anonymous
The fact that Isshin uses fire to fight you means he thought you would be afraid of it. It's likely that after Sekijo rescued Emma and left her with Dogen, he somehow got involved with Dousaku, who used him for Red-eyed experiments (meaning the events implied by Isshin's Dragonspring sake dialog happened after the rebellion). He nearly turned into Shura when Isshin cut off his arm, who was able to get the upper hand because of the Red Eyes being weak to fire. This is probably why that Ashina soldier we eavesdrop before the 1st Chained Orge fight called it a 'proclamation,' and also why the Demon of Hatred is wreathed in flames, because fire became an obsession for the Sculptor even after being freed from the Red Eyes. It was embracing flames that finally made him into Shura. That said, the Pink Ogre mention in the Second Prayer Necklace is probably the Sculptor.
By Anonymous
In French, the second prayer necklace refers explicitly to the chained ogre, instead of a pink ogre. So Im not sure about your theory with the scuptor being the Pink Ogre. He is referred as Sekijo, the orangutan, a man who nearly turns Shura, and finally the demon of Hatred. Btw I think that the ways of Shura and Demon of Hatred are distinct. In the end where Kuro dies, Sekiro goes to a path of demon of hatred, like the sculptor. Then he has also a Shura end. So the Sculptor didn't become a Shura, thanks to Isshin, but he finally becomes a demon of hatred, unfortunately for him.
By Anonymous
The Second Prayer Necklace talks about the Chained Ogre, not Sekijo. Sekijo is then seen as the Demon of Hatred, as he becomes a failed Shura.
By Anonymous
I think your right besides the part with the red eyes. There's no evidence pointing towards the Sculptor having red eyes, besides him relating to fire. The reason he is related to fire is likely just because flames represent rage and hatred in culture. For example Sekiro can become a shura and related to flames without ever getting red eyes or getting experimented on. Sekijo is just a past mirror to Sekiro, except Sekiro succeeds in becoming shura through actually beating Issshin. I think Shura and the red eyes are unrelated to eachother but have things in common.
By Anonymous
Wow I never knew he loved *** so much
By Anonymous
How did Isshin lose his eye? i like to think it was from fighting Shura for the first time but im not sure if its confirmed.
By Anonymous
I think we see it in the 1st cutscene ?
By Anonymous
Is it just me or is Isshin's dialogue when he talk about Tomoe when you give him the Unrefined Sake implies that he fell for Tomoe in his youth ?
By Anonymous
Maybe. He did say that it almost costed him his life due to being captivated by Tomoe.
By Anonymous
They did a really good job writing the characters for this game. It's a rare occasion when I feel affection for a fictional character.