Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

can you reset skills, in the same aspect of resetting stats in Dark Souls 3 re-specking builds?
Nope. Each time a skill gets 'banked' the next tier becomes slightly harder to acquire. You likely aren't expected to get all of them in one run, but it goes over into NG+.
No, no re-sets.
After a while, ghost enemies seems to appear in old places, usually dead ends or in dark areas, they all give about +620 XP and are quite tough (Ashina castle and above tier) in terms of skills.

TheEndingDay

Souls: 134.00
Wiki Edits: 6
I could be wrong, but I've consistently noted that this occurs post Guardian Ape.
Is 30 skill points the limit you can gain per playthrough?
No, probably a stopgap for the site as the person making the chart didn't really make any further.
I'm at 7200+ EXP to the next level, so it goes beyond that, probably infinitely, due to how long the number is.
I'm at 18 673 exp per point and I haven't finished my first playthrough. If I add all my owned abilities and my remaining points, it adds up to 68 skill point for that experience.
There seems to be no limit, you could farm indefinitely
No, but it becomes more difficult and time consuming to gain additional points.
Can we reset the skillpoints?
No...
I'm not sure what level I am, but skill points cost 24275 now. I recommend people plan out what skills they want far in advance. With the exception of High Monk, all of the final combat arts cost a lot of emblems to use and are thus not very rewarding. It would be better to put skills that would go towards those into other skills or into attack power with the mask, especially considering we cannot re-spec at the moment. Poor planning will render NG+s very difficult because you won't be able to increase attack power with any kind of ease.

TheEndingDay

Aside from your point about the final arts, which I agree with, I'd argue against this. You're guaranteed the AP gains from the memories alone, on each playthrough, and I'd make the argument that that should be enough, playthrough to playthrough, to never hit a wall of difficulty. I'm heading onto playthrough 3 with the file I'm getting all the skills in, and have stopped leveling AP until I get all of them, relying solely on memories to scale AP. I would recommend killing Demon of Hatred on each run, to get that extra memory, but even if you don't, once you're in softcap territory, it's not that big a deal. Furthermore, NG+ isn't too much an increase in difficulty, regardless of the ending pathing you choose (Shura, or the other three.), thus, trying to overwhelm enemies through AP gains will not have a greater effect on your success than the familiarity you'll have fighting each boss. .
This page will become unwieldy with all the skill points. I'm at around 38k for the next, still 30 points to complete all trees, none used for attack power. (NG+) Without farming I think you will complete the tree around NG+2 or even +3 depending on how it scales
125 total skill points needed for all the trees fully unlocked, + any extras to boost your attack power until it's capped I'd assume at 99. means that with a bit of farming don't even need to go past the first cycle.
yeah try that, see how long it takes

TheEndingDay

Not going past the first cycle implies a significant amount of time invested in farming significantly smaller amounts of skill points. Judging by the face value of some of the farming runs I've seen, farming on the third, or even fourth playthrough, seems to net the amounts of SP that'll make this a significantly easier task. That's not to say you can't do it on NG, but I'd wager it'll take less time to just smash through each subsequent playthrough to get to the farming stages of a run, than staying in NG.
Best XP grinding spot I've found is in Ashina Outskirts Stairway after Ashina has been caught on fire. I'm getting around 5500 XP every 30 seconds by quickly stealth killing the 5 guys. (XP scaled for 2nd playthrough)
This spot is also an amazing money farming spot I've gotten 160 K from 2 hours of farming (I have Most Virtuous Deed and NG+1)
I believe it's 124 skill points for the trophy. This should be double checked and added to this page.
you can never lose skill points from xp bar. if you collect 1 point, it won't go back to zero. keep this in mind if you're going to face a boss soon and where your xp is at.
im at demon of hatred and learn this now. damn