Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki
By Anonymous
Tremendously useful with bosses having quick movements, especially on higher NG cycle when your posture recovers very slowly
By Anonymous
Your posture recovery have nothing to do with ng cycles.
By Anonymous
The reason why this combat art way ahead the others-stagger.A lot of late game mobs,mini/bosses have hyper armor moves,ie if you chain 3 praying strikes on purple ninjas they most likely will do jump overhead atk and depending on timing and your reaction you can be punsihed,same with any other 2+ hits combat arts,not the case with ichi,it staggers the target no matter if its just startup of atk or move already in action,it will be canceled.
By Anonymous
I agree with OP but if you are good with deflection then the counter attack mechanic should not be a problem and will be especially useful if you have attained either "Carp" skills. Don't let that discourage you from using other Combat Arts.
By Anonymous
Ok but why is Isshin's version of this so OP
By Anonymous
LOL he himself developed these techniques, so maybe there are various performing ways
By gunsogiroro
For the same reason FromSoft patches every boss exploit ASAP, can't be bothered to patch massive hitbox errors favoring the ai and creates a mini boss named O'Rin who literally defies all the rules of the game (invincible, ignores terrain, spins to win, basically teleports if out of range etc) and laughs there asses of about it at the development meeting. Just remember FromSoft only hurts you because they love you ; ) and life's not fair.
By Anonymous
Because he's Isshin mother*****ing Ashina.
By Anonymous
Because you probably don't block(deflect) the second strike, unlike the tougher

enemies and bosses.
By gunsogiroro
So if you knew a way to open and close a door 10% faster than most people could otherwise and with sufficient skill and concentration it only broke your toe once or twice a year is it a good skill? Double Ichimonji is that kind of skill.
By gunsogiroro
Oh but you have hyper armor as you break your toe so that door that has hundreds of people coming and going through is gonna get shut... And now it's open again.
By Anonymous
Best combat art for almost any situation. Recovering posture is so powerful and it does good posture and vitality damage and interrupts most enemies, even bosses. You just have to pick your openings and not miss.
By Anonymous
Using it out of a jump shortens startup. Wrecked Genichiro this way.
By Anonymous
My favorite combat art. I love Isshin Ashina and using this makes me feel like his student :3
By Anonymous
There is only one combat art and it is double ichimonji
By Anonymous
SO... you deflected my first strike...
By Anonymous
How do you use it because I'm doing the first one but I can't do the second
By Anonymous
You have to equip it.
By Anonymous
Thanks
By Anonymous
This skill takes some practice to use correctly but once you've mastered it it will easily carry you till you get EMD. It deals a Truckload of posture damage while recovering your own, and the second strike tends to badly **** up enemies who try to counter attack. this art won me the first fight with Genichiro, hands down; even if it is all but useless for his phase two(when the prick brings out the lightning.