Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki
By Anonymous
So the softcaps are basically 14, 27 and 51.
By Anonymous
This game would benefit from higher player damage in early game. Spending 3 mins on clobbering down on an enemy while they barely need 2 hits to finish you off is pathetic balance design. Thats not difficulty but artificially enlengthment to tire ppl out.
By Anonymous
lol someone hasn't realised that that is the point... (lore people sorry if this is wrong) Wolf is SUPPOSED to be incredibly weak at the beginning, even until the end the player is supposed to feel weak, as if they surmounted the challenge. This early weakness is evidenced by how in the first fight with genichiro in the prologue, Wolf misses the sword when he initially attempts to remove it from the sheath. He IS out of practice and the weakness that the player feels emphasizes the importance of Wolf's journey to regain the power he lost. And anyway, he is a stealth shinobi not a 99 str build with so much vigor they can face tank anything without needing to think about dodging
By Anonymous
Ya trash
By Anonymous
You should focus more on their posture bar than their health as it's an instakill
By Anonymous
Get good
By Anonymous
Well i prefer 1 shot than 2 hits
By Anonymous
Attack power is probably what´s killing the game for me. I mistakenly got Shura ending and now I´m on NG+. All the way till Genichiro difficulty seems fine and some bosses (like Lady Butterfly) are even easier with past game upgrades. However, starting on Genichiro and specially now that I´m facing Owl at Ishina´s castle, things are crazy difficult. As I haven´t been further on my first rune, I kind of feel that my posture level is not good enough as I couldn´t upgrade it by reaching final levels and bosses. Moreover, I couldn´t buy the mask, so I´m here stuck getting one shoot kills by Owl unable to parry/deflect most of his attacks. Either I go for a loooong perfect rune just waiting for one attack window (which might happen in years) or I leave the game. What a terrible way of rewarding finishing the game, not having an upgrade system and relying on useless techniques is appalling.
By Anonymous
You can always start a new save file and do a complete run (Dragon's Homecoming ending). Then you can save the Shura ending for NG+7 (or whatever NG you want to stop at) if you want to unlock the Shura Gauntlet of Strength in that save file, or you can avoid Shura if you just care about the achievement since you already got it.
By Anonymous
git gud
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
git gud
By Anonymous
Youre stuck on first Owl Oh boy you are in when some fun when you reach Hirata Estate 2.0 hf and do not give up
By Anonymous
When you go for Shura you miss 3 or 4 points of AP which won’t matter once you get over 14 AP. Starting with 15 AP bonus is way lower.
By Anonymous
Actually, there are ways to kill Owl without he even touches you. Maybe try checking for tutorials on YouTube? Some bosses are about smart fight, rather than @hard” fight
By Anonymous
Git gud scrub
By Anonymous
This page seems contradictory with its first example. Correct if I'm wrong, but from what I've gathered here, you should start to suffer from the diminishing returns at AP 15, so the calculation probably looks like this: 30 x (14+3) x 5/4 + 12 x (1) x 5/4 = 657
For the general formula this means that each additional AP has to be weighed by the modifier of its breakpoint. It makes for a real ugly formula, but it shouldn't go unmentioned either in the last paragraph.
By Anonymous
from some guide: Attack power grants 20 extra flat damage until you hit 14.

After that it drops to about +8 until you hit 27. Then it's about +4 until you hit 51. Then ~0.8 until you max it out at 99 lvl 10 is 260 damage , lvl 14 is 340 and lvl 99 is 578