Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki
By Anonymous
If anyone finds a method to get more of these, that'd be great. Because having 3 for an entire playthrough seems nigh on pointless.
By Anonymous
Actually, the item recharges its 3 uses everytime you rest at an idol. I can confirm it because as soon as I beat the Shichimen Warrior, the tanto had only one use, and it refilled back to 3 uses after resting. So far it seems to sacrifice 50% of your maximum health to give you 5 bonus Spirit Emblems. After using it, it stays disabled as long as you are below 50% health or you haven't spent all of your spirit emblems granted by the previous use
By Anonymous
Its funny how many people complain about mechanics in the game that they simply do not understand.
By Anonymous
You can use the item if you have enough health to pay the cost (half your max health), have at least one charge left, and have fewer than 5 "red" emblems. You don't have to use all the emblems it gives you to use it again, you just can't use it when you're already full. And 5 is full, so if you use it with 4 "red" emblems, you pay full price and it gives you only one. I had the same problem with not realizing this isn't a normal consumable, it's a gourd-like item that refills when you rest.
By Anonymous
A little info about the item. (PS have no idea how editing wiki's work) Despite the item saying 3/3 in the inventory, it does not only have 3 uses. The item has 3 charges, and will refill once you've rested at any idol. Item requires you to be at full health before you can use it. The item will consume 50% of your HP to give you +5 to spirit emblems. (There will be a red +# above your normal emblems) Item cannot be used again until atleast 1 of the bonus emblems has been used.
By Anonymous
Edit: the supplemented spirit emblems will be lost when resting at an idol, so it's impossible to use the item and then rest for re-charge and heal, before moving on in the levels.
By Anonymous
Thank you for being brave enough to test it out. I figured it would refill upon idol visit but the description said nothing of that, so I came here instead.
By Anonymous
You don't have to be full health to use it. I just did it with 80% My life is upgraded to lvl14 btw.
By Anonymous
Bloodbullets hell yes
By Anonymous
Silver bullet
By Anonymous
Hes correct, its "blood bullets" not silver bullets since silver bullets arent taken from your own blood
By Anonymous
They’re quick silver bullets lol smh
By Anonymous
This article is inaccurate. The tanto can be used so long as 3 criteria are met. 1) There is a charge left in the blade (refills at rest); 2) you do not have the full +5 spirit emblems from this item; 3) you have *greater* than 50% current vitality. Then you take damage equal to 50% your maximum vitality and refill up to the +5 spirit emblems
By Anonymous
you can't use it unless you spend all 5 charges
By Anonymous
To the other Replier, Ive been able to use it at +1, but it never goes over +5
By Anonymous
One of the most satisfying animations in the entire game.
By Anonymous
yeah, i want to cut my throat open too
By Anonymous
This would be awesome if it wasn't limited to 3 charges per rest.
By Anonymous
Does anyone know if it's possible to get to this part of the abandoned dungeon if you're at the end of the game and many areas are closed off?
By Anonymous
Yes. I only got it after clearing the last boss
By Anonymous
If you use the item and then teleport to another idol, although this might only happen if you've used a spirit emblem from it beforehand, you can get some of the emblems back and still be at full health. I think you may get all of them back if you rest beforehand, otherwise it can just give 1 or so back, in other words the number you used. I haven't tested this a lot and it's not that useful, but I thought it was interesting back in my first runthrough.
By Anonymous
best item