Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

do sugars ect. stack? can i use different types of sugars at the same time or 2 of the same even
That's what I'm wondering also
Sugars do not stack - my best reasoning would be because they are listed as a "stance" in the item description. I've tested it, most recently sugar consumable will always replace previously used one.
Just to be clear, I tested as well & can confirm only ONE sugar can be applied at a time.
can sugars be purchased or farmed?
The Monks at Senpou Temple drop 1-3 Ako's Sugar when they do drop. I've noticed the unarmed monks drop Ako's while the Polearm Monks drop Ungo's Sugar.
they are sold by the peddler at the ashin outskirts stairway; you need to bring him a big guy to upgrade his shop

FluffleGump96

Souls: 55.00
As I have said before, The Monks at Senpou Temple tend to drop 1-3 Ako's Sugar when they do drop. I've noticed the unarmed monks drop Ako's while the Polearm Monks seem drop Ungo's Sugar. I will do more farming here to get specific amounts and try to keep my data to give percentages of drop chance/amount.
Omfg the amount of sugar I've wasted thinking they stack!! after sometime I looked at the bottom left corner under my health bar it only had one symbol ....I wanted to choke myself
I feel you I did the same and I did notice later on..
During my first encounter with the shinobe hunter i popped an Ako's and zUngo's sugar and saw it does't have both in effect
Why the ***** can't you buy this
if you do the peddler quest and bring kotaro to him he will start selling then as many times as you like
I thought the door behind the masked servant was breakable and my swipe killed him and *****ed the questline, rip vendor

Deeznutz717

Souls: 50.00
Another thing that sucks about the sugars is that it seems to take Sekiro a half an hour to do his little dance that applies the sugar. Its a piece a candy FFS. Why does he have to do a little dance? IT should just be a popping candy in mouth animation. You can only use 3 per battle and they only last 30 seconds. The least they can do is have the animation not take so damn long.
It is explained in the item description. Eating the sugar is only part of the process, you have to assume a stance associated with the corresponding hero the sugar is named after to receive his blessing. It's magic, and as such it requires the necessary rituals.
Something something karma something something ninja stance
When's the last time you've seen someone pop a cap of ecstasy and not dance around for half an hour lol

Don_Quixote007

Souls: 90.00
Wiki Edits: 8
Later in the game before the final bosses, those Monks at Senpou Temple rarely drop Ako sugar and mostly drop Lump of fat/grave wax.
May 3rd comment here. Still more effective to use candy instead of spiritfall (same duration, does not cost spirit emblem) You would have to be NG5+ and desperate to use this item I'd imagine
There's an item that gives you 5 free emblem chargers though