Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki
By Anonymous
Rip my boy!
By Anonymous
So I killed him and he dropped the item however I can't pick it up. Its just kinda chilling there on the ground.
By Anonymous
You have to hold square to draw the item in like you would gold
By Anonymous
If you're having trouble picking up the tooth, use the gather option like its a regular drop from an enemy.
By Anonymous
Thanks man was driving me nuts.
By Disposed666
*****I feel so dumb, just got the tooth but missed out on badgers end-quest drop :(
By Anonymous
If you use this when you haven't resurrected at all, then you have access to the rest of your resurrections, but if you wait until right before your second resurrection to do so, then it just kills and respawns you at the last visited idol.
By Anonymous
Edit: I was wrong about the rest of the resurrections, that only occurs if you continue to kill yourself with the tooth every time you want to resurrect.
By Anonymous
What's the point of this item? I seriously don't understand this mechanic. There a***** ton of ways you can kill yourself in this game. Why would i even want to use it?
By Anonymous
Because it doesn't consume your res charge like every single other way to die. You can run in and die to de-agro things and come back to life in an advantageous position without wasting your res.
By Anonymous
It does use your res charge, but that black stripe that usually prevents you from resurrecting again does not happen. Sometimes it can be advantageous to die so that enemies will wander away from you. This will let you do that and still have the ability to resurrect again if something still goes wrong. (Resurrecting also gives you half your life bar, so this can function as a healing item of sorts if you are out of other healing items.)
By Anonymous
because its nothing but a flavour item dropped by your training puppet
By Anonymous
when i repeatedly use this item, the first time did not drain my revival charges, but subsequent uses did, even after resting. Was i wrong to think this item would give me more than one free revive?
By Anonymous
for those wondering what this is good for , lets say a boss is low and you have low hp too before initiating phase 2 you can kill yourself so you gain some extra health since revives reset on phases
By AquamarineDagger
For those of you wondering about this items use besides what's already said, let me lay it down. This item has the same effect as "Bite Down" in where it kills you. Also like "Bite down" the death caused by this item does not restrict your resurrections. This means that when you rez after using this, your next rez will be readily available for use. In the scenario of a normal death caused by enemies: after you rez, your other ressurections will be sealed. This is indicated by the black ink stroke covering your tokens. When it is like this your next rez is sealed and cannot be accessed until you acquire a "pink mist" (which I will forever refer to as Rezence [essence+rez]) which can be collected by killing enemies (though not every time) once collected this mist will do one of two things. 1. In the case that your resurrections are sealed, it will unseal them for use. 2. In the case that your resurrections are unsealed and you have already used one. It will fill up a portion of one of your secondary tokens (your second and third rez). After a certain amount of mist is collected your rez token will be available again. Now unlike normal enemies, bosses will ALWAYS drop this mist whenever they are deathblowed. Meaning that if you have used a rez in phase 1 and then deathblow the boss. Your rez will be available after that into phase 2. However, this is where the true use of this item shines. Boss encounters. More so on the final phase of the fights than anywhere else. The reason for this is due to its unique ability to not restrict your rez. Example: you're on the final phase, low on health, 2 rez tokens left. Now, in a normal circumstance this is a horrible situation for if the boss kills you, you'll have to rez and then you will have nothing left to rely upon. HOWEVER in your possession is the Hidden Tooth. Now if you arn't feeling overly confident that you can finish him of with your current health, you can use the item to off yourself. Sure it'll cost you a rez to get back up but you will still have that last rez to rely upon if things go south. So in layman's terms this item lets you use resurrections until your fresh out, no mist required. In those dire moments that extra unsealed rez could mean the difference between victory or defeat
By Anonymous
That's a very detailed and comprehensive explanation, thanks !
By Anonymous
thanks for the explanation!
By Anonymous
Thank you so much for the explanation!
By Anonymous
This should be added to this wiki!
By Anonymous
yeah wouldnt want to have that in my mind while focusing on a boss
By Anonymous
You are a true shinobi that knows that difference between honor and victory
By Anonymous
Honestly why hasn't this wiki been updated yet with this info? The regular description is useless.
By Anonymous
Thanks for the explanation. Fextra did a really poor job of explaining how it worms
By Anonymous
Very nice explanation, thank you fellow Wolf!
By Anonymous
Most helpful wiki entry for this item. Thanks!!
By Forkinator
Just going to put this info here. Do what you will with it. Before I knew about the tooth, I was able to kill hanbei at the start of the game by making him fall off the broken bridge nearby. I noticed at the bottom of the ravine, there was something there where he died. I no-clipped down to the bottom of the ravine and found that it was loot. Unfortunately, this game makes it so you cannot vacuum any loot while you are airborne. I am not sure if there is another way to kill him for good this early on, or if there is a way to trick the game into thinking you are not airborne when you are so you can loot the item. So yeah, not sure what use this will be.
By Anonymous
If Sekiro works like previous Soulsborne games for loot drops on reset: you should be able to save and quit the game and once you reload in the item drop location should have reset to his spawn point.
By Forkinator
Wow so many downvotes, and for what? I was just trying to let people know that they could probably get the item earlier somehow. After resting, the item did not go back to where Hanbeo was.
By Anonymous
Keep spreading informations man, don't bother with the downvotes, there is a lot of stupid reader down there...
By Anonymous
Means nothing. Don't waste our time with stupid***** kid.
By Anonymous
Calls someone online "kid", yet is likely some edgy teenage douche. I swear From has some real human trash as fans
By Anonymous
Down vote mean nothing here. The sweats downvote because someone figured out something they didn’t after 1000 hours playing the same game.