Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Okay but honestly what is this disgusting abomination? The Centipede priests are nasty and all but at they resemble something, this dude is just a deformed wolverine with a few coathangers fused into him.
Those "coat hangers" are centipede legs.
(I meant to click “reply” but I hit downvote lol) They’re not actual centipede legs, they’re just metal “claws.” I guess they also sought immortality, but their interpretation of immortality was “really good at killing so they never have to be worried about being killed.” The “centipede” moniker probably comes from their allegiance to the Infested monks. They also tie in to the theme of self-modification and weaponization, similarly to the Shinobi prosthetic.
Is the umbrella deflect handy for this guy?
He practically kills himself if you use the umbrella. lmao Super cheese.
So flame vent or firecrackers?
L1

generion

Souls: 50.00
Don't use any prosthetic tool, thats just stupid idea, you deal way too low damage on him. His weakpoint is his posture, but deals high posture damage aswell. So all you need to do is to use Gokan's sugar before you jump on him. He is dead in 10 seconds, just deflect his combo 3 times.

TheEndingDay

Souls: 134.00
Wiki Edits: 6
There's some Gokan's on one of the earlier roofs, which is perfect to use if people lack it. Even better, this area's chock full of sugar, just from the mobs. You can farm Ako's pretty easily here. Toss that on, and he melts.

TheEndingDay

Souls: 134.00
Wiki Edits: 6
Damn lack of edit. Was wrong about the location of the Gokan's. It's a bit further on, past the big fire a little further ahead, up on a ledge with one of those bomb-tossers. Good to grab if needed.
Maybe I'm just lucky but I found him easier than dealing with even those blue samurais. I just picked off the adds as best I could then just deflect spammed his flurry attacks. His unblockable always seemed to be a sweep so just jump it and jump on his head. He builds up posture damage really fast.
Ikr. I found that deflection was the easiest strategy and had no problem beating them.
The vid strategy is a bit poor to be honest. Best way I found was kite and kill the adds, which when up on the rafters keep a beam between you and long arm. Once they are clear, let him come at you, deflect like a mofo, then jump and punish when he tries his unblockable sweep. Out of all bosses, him and the other long arm were by far the easiest.
You can also jump-deathblow the adds easily to thin them out. Will make your life A LOT easier.
Polygon said this guy is "immensely difficult" lol
Yeah he's super hard, especially hard considering you have free enemies to recover resurrections and can grapple away from him anytime you wish
Does the bell on the table in front of the fire have any significance?
it was my the only first try mini-boss, lol. He literaly kills himself
If your having trouble just go and get more prayer beads for posture buffs
If you have trouble. Learning consecutive deflects helps too