Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Not helpful. How do you check your current magic damage output. You can check your physical damage don't make sense to me. Ps to anyone reading my grammar and spelling are trap sorry
Check you Catalyst Majadjust. Go to info on the staff and it displays where damage is for other weapons. Then use the Fextralife pages for the individual spells. they mostly use a multiplier of your Majadjust, which is influenced by the respective scalimg stat.
From what I can guess, enemies/bosses that have some form of a magic attack (Quelaag's AoE explosion for example) could be somewhat resistant to magic.
Generally the enemies directly related to magic like the Channelers, Crystal Golems and Moonlight Butterfly have higher magic resistances. Also the more closely you're related to magic, the stronger your resistances.

Also Quelaag uses fire damage, not magic damage, so that example doesn't work in this case. That damage type is more related to the Witch of Izalith, Chaos Demons and Pyromancy than true magic.
How do I get Rickert to add magic damage to a weapon? Does it need to be +5 or +10?
+5