Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

MY NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!
IS GYOUBU MASAKATA ONIWA
The fact that he has the mechanical barrel means it was used in the mechanism that allowed him to throw his spear and retrieve it via rope line. Seeing as he is super proficient at using Tamura's cross-blade spear, the weapon was probably outfitted with the mechanical barrel already when it was awarded to him by Isshin. This means that some time after Isshin killed Shuzen Tamura, Isshin tore off the mechanical barrel from Sekijou's prosthetic. This means Sekijou has been the Busshi of Aredera for at least 20 years.
It may just be me, but it seems like he is much more aggressive if you attack during his introduction compared to if you listen through.
not hard but incredible fun and i quite like him
Actually, from what I can find, "Oniwa" does seem to be a legitimate Japanese surname. Also, the manga confirms that he was indeed the Ashina's Minister of Justice (and refers to him as "Oniwa Masataka" [Eastern naming order]), so we can pretty safely assume that "Gyoubu" is indeed just a title.
So either Oniwa Shume Masaji is his relative or its a translation error... or both.
Or 2 people just have the same surname, ever thought of that as a possibility?
I love this guys boss arena. Its so cinematic.
My name is Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa. I'm 33 years old. My pagoda is in the northeast section of Ashina, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as a gate guardian for the Ashina Castle, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm sake and doing about twenty minutes of horse-riding before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last battle. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself by not letting anyone pass through the castle gate like a Shinobi, that would cause me to lose my breath during battle. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Therefore, as I live and breathe, you will not pass the castle gate!
Now that, is a quality JoJo reference.
Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa just wants a quiet life.
Gyobu skip has been patched out as of 1/3/20. You can't get high enough to reach the top of the wooden tower and Gyobu destroys it immediately if you try
You can, I've done it.
There is a slight window of opening to get to the tower before the fight starts. You can jump up it still as well
He seems to be resistant or immune to fire crackers when he is charging,mid attack and such (I could not get his horse to startle once after I got the intial)
what's his name? can't put my finger on it