Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Fallenking47

Souls: 490.00
Wiki Edits: 1
If you kill O'Rin early on and then return to meet him before he moves, he mourns his inability to hear the melody, and attacks you, preventing either questline and rewarding nothing on death but coin. there was no line upon death for me either. O'rin also says "Uwaaah" when she dies in this instance, which i'm mad I wasn't playing in japanese for.

Fallenking47

for a video of his lines.

Fallenking47

youtube com/watch?v=h-hNIeMkUFQ
Same happens if he moves to Abandoned Dungeon, but doesn't progress further like in Hidden Forrest. Due dragonrot he stayed for me in AD as I progressed further down regardless did I talk to him. So when I killed O'Rin I decided to go back to AD and he got aggro as he mourn his inability to hear the melody. I will speculate here but if you kill O'Rin before he moves all the way to Mibu you get nothing but coin.
So... this guy is basically Siegward of Catarina. He has the same character and he also pretty dumb as well.
I say he's more like solair imo
How dare you insult the Great Onion
Siegward helps defeat a Lord of Cinder, though; Jinzaemon was just dumb.

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
No, no, this guy is like Oscar... Only useful when he’s dying xD
The reward that he gives you if you do his questline, the Jinza's Jizo Statue will be in your inventory along with a normal jinzo statue that you can only carry one at a time. That way you can have 2 extra revives for a difficult fight.
Using Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella and block with it everytime he hits would make him stunned for a moment (It also works with Doujun as well), and doubling it with additional R1 attack after using the umbrella (who has fire) would make him stunned again, i found it as easy way to kill him quick..
If he ever gets dragonrot he won't move from his location, halting his questline until you cure it.
So if I happened to have killed Jinzaemon Kumano at the reservoir and killed kotaro at the tree in senpou temple "by accident" am I unable to progress with that questline?
lol yeah, those are the two guys you can send to the Doujun doctor guy. But he just turns them into enemies so, eh, ***** him.
True story. But you cant kill Kotaro "at the tree" you only can kill him the dungeons...

Darkvoice

Souls: 50.00
I don't know if I killed kotoro but i used the fan on him and he screamed and spun in a circle and then disappeared into sparkles. He said to make him vanish like the shinobi do to people
Hes weak to poison and have no poise, so you can cancel most of his attacks just by hitting him. Just dont get careless he hits like a truck.
Wait, he is weak to poison? like okami descendant? LIKE ORIN HERSELF?
After finished his quests, He died, and when I returned to his corp later....His head is MISSING!!! What is this mean????
And after I killed all headless and came back to check, his head is BACK on his shoulder again!!??? What does this mean??
Is Jinzaemon a descendant of Lord Sakuza? His son maybe. Jinza's Jizo Statue description says "Lord Sakuza please take this cloth and use it to bundle this little one (Jinzaemon?), so that he may live in peace." Jizo statue's normal description "to enswathe a jizo statue is to express feelings of parental love" Jinzaemon's also wearing a purple cloth around him. The same color as the Jinza's jizo statue's cloth.

xenobane

Souls: 570.00
Wiki Edits: 104
That makes sense, since Jinzaemon was the only one to hear the Shamisen all the way back in Ashina Reservoir, even though is impossible for sound to travel that far (even a Shinobi like the Wolf couldn't hear it). The music O'rin played to him just before his passing was described like an lullaby, this furthers the possibility that O'rin might be Jinzaemon's birth monther. She could be the illegitimate wife of Jinzaemon's father
No dawg, he a descendant of Afro samurai n shiiiet.
Jinzaemon is definitely related to O'rin. The item given to you expresses parental love and he does mention in dialogue that his father had warned him not to go toward mizu village. I can't wait for Vaati to delve into this further!
You do know Vaatividya just spouts stuff he reads from other people right?
Who the hell cares if Vaati just regurgitates others’ speculations, it’s a communal effort to figure this stuff out, not any one person’s. He merely puts all the relevant information into one location for ease of access.
All of the Jizo statues say that, though. I’m pretty sure the implication was that Jinzaemon and O’Rin’s love produced the statue, symbolic of their “marriage.”