Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

It says 'If you cast this spell with a catalyst, instead of losing 1% HP you will lose 1 HP per second...' So how do you lost 1% HP, how else can you cast it?
Talisman of Beasts (when not meeting the stat req) allows the 1 HP loss instead of %
You have to use the talisman of beasts without meeting the requirements for it in order to get the 1HP per second

SlaveKnightKos

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
You can use ANY catalyst without meeting the requirements because you only need the int to attune the spell, and catalysts require and scale off of mag
I want a sowrd cursed bye demon so I can have power to protect
Regeneration will counter the health loss.
Does the exploit with the Talisman of Beasts still work in the remake? I'm guessing it doesn't since they said they were fixing bugs that gave an unfair advantage.

SlaveKnightKos

Addicted
First Warden

Yes it does, which is crazy, but I guess BluePoint was hell bent on being as true to the original as was reasonable.

SlaveKnightKos

Addicted
First Warden

And those glitches mostly just included running firestorm and item duping.
appears to be fixed now with the latest patch
Is it fixed? I doubt so

DaC0unt

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 2
FightingCowboy was just using this exploit in his videos a couple days ago. Can anyone else confirm? I'm about to check it out myself.
Im curious to know also

SlaveKnightKos

Addicted
First Warden

If BluePoint wanted to fix the exploit they would have, it was an honest part of the original game, unlike running firestorm. They have gone to great lengths to preserve the original game as reasonable, and apparently this counts as reasonable.
It doesn’t work anymore. I have Faith 16 and intelligence 18 and it drain my HP like 40hp per second. Seems fixed.
It still works, I just tried it now on my latest character with 10 magic and 11 faith and with regen ring I lose no health
Can I use this spell on the crescent falchion?
I cast this with the Talisman of Beasts (Magic and Faith lower than the requirements) on Crushing Knight Sword +5 in the Remake and don't lose health at all from the effect.
Are you using the ring or adjudicator shield?
No, I didn't use any regen item. But sometimes I lose a bit health from the curse and sometimes not. Maybe a bug?

But I don't use cursed Crushing Knight Sword +5 anymore. For NG+ it's way cooler to use Northern Regalia two-handed, pure white CT, with < 30% HP, Morion Blade on the back, Clever Rat's Ring equipped and the miracle Second Chance always activated.
Does this scale with Magic or is it a straight up 50% damage buff and nothing more?
It's always a straight 50% damage buff.
The 50% damage increase applies to stat boost or only the raw base damage of the weapon?