Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

That's a knife.
are you sure? source?

Malikar

Casual
Convict

Souls: 90.00
source is here: https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Dagger
I don’t know...it’s actually quiet effective if you’re into backstabbing and with the right magical buffs it can work wonders! Electric buff for example can killed the Torus demon in five quick strikes, nice little piece!
is "dex-oriented" code for something else?
Use for dex-faith or dex-int builds. Cuz you wanna slap a good buff on it
Is this basically the Bandit's Knife without bleed and worse critical damage, or am I missing something?
This dagger has possibly the fastest light attack spam in the game. Works great with Gold Pine Resin. Even better with Sunlight Blade, or Darkmoon Blade. It's a buff carrier due to it's fast swing speed, almost pure Dex scaling, and light weight. It's 2H heavy attack also works well with the Leo Ring. The extra versatility is well worth the decreased critical multiplier and no bleeding effect in my opinion.
I forgot it has almost instant swing recovery as opposed to the Bandit's Knife too.
Buff with Golden Pine Resin, eat a Green Blossom and mash R1. Hilariously high DPS in both PvP and PvE. Easily my favorite weapon in the game.
Dagger+Hornet Ring=Git Gud scrub

SlaveKnightKos

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 367.00
How does this compare to the bandit knife in pvp?

Malikar

Casual
Convict

pretty similar in terms of AR because the bandit's has bleed that compensates for less damage but it can be a problem if your opponent has high bleed resistance. In terms of ripostes/backstabs bandits is better outright, with a higher crit modifier it will outdamage the dagger with ouround a 120 AR difference (40 dex +15) and with the hornet ring the gap becomes even more drastic dealing half again as much as the dagger, this means unless you are using it with buffs in which the dagger can be better if the other person has high bleed res, use bandits because it will deal substantially more damage for crits which is the main purpose of daggers in my opinion.

Malikar

Casual
Convict

oh also I forgot to mention the dagger is substantially better than the bandits if you are R1 spamming with DMB or CMW or something along those lines as it has faster attack speed, nigh instant recovery, and can deal piercing which is vital against heavily armored foes where slash is useless.

pelida77

Casual
Convict

Souls: 75.00
I mean... they are the same. Very minor differences, people choose Bandit's Knife because of the better critical... but if you manage to land a critical that extra damage you do with BdK don't really matter that much... It weights 1 unit against 0.5 so in some builds is something to consider... very little differences IMO the dagger feels better, it has a slightly faster swipe animation and this is not something something that you would find on the wiki (or that I can affirm is even real), but again IMO BdK and Dagger feel different for landing a BS... and if I fail my BS I rather do it with a faster swipe.

Erick_of_Astora

Souls: 50.00
Rating weapon based on looks:
Simple, nothing more nothing less
5/10