Discuss Team Ninja's action rpg Nioh
Wiki: Visit the Nioh Wiki
Visit the Nioh 2 Wiki

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 22,820.00
Wiki Edits: 15
I just unlocked one of these, and was wondering if it's something I should "use wisely". Extra Amrita and Life seem obvious. Not so sure about Luck and Durability of Living Weapons. At this point, extra life sounds nice.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 235.00
Bank: 67,308.50
Wiki Edits: 13770
What you want to do is dodge around Onmyo Magic Power and VS Yokai Realm.
Yokai Close Combat Damage and elemental defense are best in my opinion
Shop IconShop Icon

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,905.00
Wiki Edits: 41
I've been grabbing yokai close combat damage, elemental defense, living weapon stuff. I haven't gotten vs yokai relm because I think that might have something to do with damage while standing in the little areas they drop when fighting you. But you'd want to always remove those asap so it seems pointless to grab. unsure about anything else.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

BWO_RazrSrorm wrote:I've been grabbing yokai close combat damage, elemental defense, living weapon stuff. I haven't gotten vs yokai relm because I think that might have something to do with damage while standing in the little areas they drop when fighting you. But you'd want to always remove those asap so it seems pointless to grab. unsure about anything else.

VS Yokai affects the stamina regeneration debuff you get from Yokai pools, and ya it's pretty much worthless.
Shop IconShop Icon

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Rakuyo wrote:
BWO_RazrSrorm wrote:I've been grabbing yokai close combat damage, elemental defense, living weapon stuff. I haven't gotten vs yokai relm because I think that might have something to do with damage while standing in the little areas they drop when fighting you. But you'd want to always remove those asap so it seems pointless to grab. unsure about anything else.

VS Yokai affects the stamina regeneration debuff you get from Yokai pools, and ya it's pretty much worthless.

Good to know.

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

So the Yokai are those uber-baddies that spawn out of clouds? I started running past them most of the time...good way to get all my healing chewed up. It's not bad when you have some space to dodge, but in that first village there was one on a rooftop, and I lost sooooo much XP to him.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Back_Lot_Basher wrote:

So the Yokai are those uber-baddies that spawn out of clouds? I started running past them most of the time...good way to get all my healing chewed up. It's not bad when you have some space to dodge, but in that first village there was one on a rooftop, and I lost sooooo much XP to him.

The Yokai are basically everything that isn't a human or a dog.
Not all of them leave behind pools, but the big ones often do.
Shop IconShop Icon

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Rakuyo wrote:
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:

The Yokai are basically everything that isn't a human or a dog.
Not all of them leave behind pools, but the big ones often do.

I noticed that on my mini map, the cloud-guys have a larger red dot than trash mobs. So, these pools, do they slow down ki regen, or do they also deplete it? I'm usually too busy dodging to notice.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

The puddles halt ki regen. So you will have to either get out of them or time a ki pulse to cleanse them. they do eventually disappear on their own. But you don't always have the luxury of waiting them out. And killing the guys that spawn from the clouds are a good thing because those guys don't respawn.

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

BWO_RazrSrorm wrote:And killing the guys that spawn from the clouds are a good thing because those guys don't respawn.

I did not know that. So, sort of like Black Knights. Good tip.