Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

marigoldran

Souls: 125.00
The Lothric Knight Sword, at 75 dex sharp infused, and buffed with Crystal Magic Weapon (60 int) does 690 damage per swing. With the lightning buff it does 680 per swing. This is more than most GreatWeapons. It has the reach of a greatsword and the swing rate of a longsword and the damage of a GreatAxe. When buffed and infused like this I think it is the highest DPS weapon in the game with good reach.

It's too bad action in SL > 200 PvP is half of SL 120-150 PvP. This weapon in combination with lightning arrow to bait them in DESTROYS people.

Rangrok

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,940.00
Sellsword Twinblades

Weapon Buffs add a fixed damage bonus per swing. Sellsword Twinblades' L1 comes out about as fast as a straight sword, in addition to the two attacks per button press. As a result, the weapon buff is practically doubled. This also lets you tag on things like the Pontiff Eye Rings for more DPS.

Stack enough of them against the right target, and you'll get something like this

marigoldran

I saw the link and ow. That beats the Lothric Knight Sword, but impractical for PvP. A single lightning arrow will take out that guy.

Rangrok

Obsessed
Commander

Glass cannon builds like that are not practical for PvP. However, Spellsword Spinblades is still a niche build that shows up every now and then. The L1 true combos into the weapon art + R2 follow-up, for a devasting 3(6) hit combo that can one-shot most phantoms. Depending on the build and the target, it can put out over 1000 damage in a blink of an eye. Only downside is its reach. Anything other than a dagger can zone a Spellsword build You can still find a few videos of people gank-spanking with them, due to the combo often one-shotting phantoms. My favorite is PvPSkillz's video ranking his favorite weapons in DS3, where he places the Sellswords at number 6.

Of course if we're talking in PvP, then, agreeing both with you and PvPSkillz's video, Lothric Knight Sword is arguably the best. It's a perfect mix of speed and flexibility.

marigoldran

I saw a sorc one-shot invaders with CSS in one of those mass summons/invaders Aldrich fights. Had all of the damage boosting rings (Red Tearstone, Bellowing, and Magic Clutch), and an obscuring ring and 50 health. Went pretty well and killed several before she got careless and got shot by my lightning arrow during an estus chug.

Only reason I survived was because of Tears of Denial.

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 23,977.50
Wiki Edits: 26
At least using the sellsword requires a bit of skill to use. The broken reach, hit box, speed, small stamina consumption and huge damage make them utterly unbalanced. They are the noob crutch by essence.
They are so OP compared to every single other weapon or spell in this game that I refuse to use them coz otherwise it simply takes all satisfaction of the victory away.

now couple the abuse of SS with a spell like tears of denial, a black knight shield and a half witted stat distribution to ensure decent damage to stat investment (spoiler the best is by far 30/30 on a dark infusion) and you just recreated the meta that has been sticking around for the last year, killing most of the fun in the meta arena action.

congratulations.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 545.00
Bank: 9,081.00
Wiki Edits: 703
A longsword deals twice the damage the spear does (both have about the same attack rating). My reason to uninstall. And the whole combat system.
What, still here?

Rangrok

Obsessed
Commander

ElCazador wrote:A longsword deals twice the damage the spear does (both have about the same attack rating). My reason to uninstall. And the whole combat system.

Wait wait what? On my super high dex character, a Sharp Winged Spear is only 20 damage less than my Sharp Lothric Knight Sword. It also has slightly more reach. And then my Sharp Lothric Knight Long Spear outdamages my Sharp Lothric Knight Sword by about the same margin too.

There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike DS3, but Spears do comparable damage to Straight Swords. Heck, in PvP, I've beaten plenty of straight sword users with my Lothric Knight Long Spear by abusing the superior range and thrusting counter-hits.

marigoldran

announakis wrote:At least using the sellsword requires a bit of skill to use. The broken reach, hit box, speed, small stamina consumption and huge damage make them utterly unbalanced. They are the noob crutch by essence.
They are so OP compared to every single other weapon or spell in this game that I refuse to use them coz otherwise it simply takes all satisfaction of the victory away.

now couple the abuse of SS with a spell like tears of denial, a black knight shield and a half witted stat distribution to ensure decent damage to stat investment (spoiler the best is by far 30/30 on a dark infusion) and you just recreated the meta that has been sticking around for the last year, killing most of the fun in the meta arena action.

congratulations.

Don't know what you're talking about. Your facts are totally off. Have you played PvP recently? From experience, the number of opponents I meet in PvP, arena or otherwise that use a short or longsword is about 10-20%.

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 23,977.50
Wiki Edits: 26
The really competitive builds are what I describe
You meet the remnants of what was the game pvp scene with late comers
It is for the best though trust me
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!