Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter Series
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki and Monster Hunter Rise Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

good mantle
what the hell
Use this with any weapon that has a Health Regen Augment and you're practically playing Borderlands again. Losing health continually while regaining it doing damage.
NOTE VAAL HAZAK has significantly lower HP than normal (~6000 HP, tested in single player mode). So overall the quest is a lot easier than what you would expect. Tested on 28 OCT 2019 on PC. Not sure why this was done by CAPCOM but its very welcome.
Anytime you have a hunt with multiple monsters their HP is reduced. The more monsters, the more reduction. Not sure on the % change though.
Also remember in vanilla this meant in a 4 player hunt 24000 hp which is not insignificant considering most people would attempt this with less than ideal gear and knowledge (hence it's indeed relatively low)
how do u unlock the quest
Kill 3 lvl 3 tempered beast, then talk to equipment seller
Somehow i joined this quest when i'm below HR 50, i thought it's just usual tempered hunt because i could join that optional quest and it was marked with exclamation mark. But no doubt that i killed both tempered Vaal and usual odogaron. I didn't get this mantle tho, but how did i even get that quest in the first place. I also unlocked the vaal investigation that i cannot do at that moment.
for quests that unlocks items (mantles specifically, not sure about other kinds of item), even if you respond to SOS for that quest, if you haven't unlocked it yourself, the quest won't be marked as complete
This page states to unlock, "Hunt 3 different tempered elder dragons". Rocksteady mantle page states, "hunting 5 threat level 3 tempered monsters...". Please update with the correct information.
I just did 3 tempered elder and received the quest.

Grim_Reaper

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 166.00
Wiki Edits: 18
Forgot what a game changer this gem of a tool is.