Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,180.50
i was really salty about this game and i thought it was the rpg/multiplayer removal and its disappointing but i realized it has nothing to do with it

but i think its more about the way the community has reacted to it all over the web, the way so many people are commemorating that they are free from rpg and multiplayer

the souls community the people who made all that content (lore.builds.guides.pvpv.invasions,gankspanks etc...)

after seeing so many in denial insisting that there would be character creation because of 4chan leanks i was expecting at least a minor backlash

so this reaction felt like getting backstabbed by a white phantom

i will probably play sekiro although i doubt i will likely nearly as much as i like dark souls and bloodborne

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 167.00
Bank: 15,827.00
Wiki Edits: 710
Bloodborne for me, was an amazing main story, finished off by an endless mode to really just enjoy the game when you were actually done with the story. When dieing to Layer 4, depth 5 FRC bullshittery made you a better player was when the game truly shined in my eyes.

The best thing about Dark Souls 3 were the dried fingers, since multiplayer in DS3 could go so awesomely awry, sometimes you get 2 blue helpers, sometimes 3 red invaders spam you to death. The big assortment of equipment make replaying DS3 really fun when you've gotten gud.

DS2 had a PvP scene that only opened up to you after you've well beaten the game multiple times. The game was insanely well balanced and had a ludicrous amount of weapons and armors, making fight clubs insanely fun as you'd get to see real innovation and creativity from other players and could show your own.

DS1 I've joined too late, just like Demon's Soul, but both of them have a great story mode, I still love Demon Soul's intro theme.

But now Sekiro... I'm sure they'll make it a great game, don't get me wrong, but the game will not last as long as any of its predecessors. I can see myself completing the game 3-5 times and then never again. Unless they implement a reason to keep playing it after the main story, it'll die very quickly. No multiplayer will also make it a flop for streamers/youtubers and other content creators...
The things they've shown tho... <3
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,783.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Dark souls made it's case in being my thing with coop/invasions. I too originally was not happy to see this new game not only not feature either but basically stripping away all rpg aspects.
But my desires on games have shifted. I'm glad it's not another souls clone. I can't wait to play it. As much as I love invasions i'm still dead bored of how dark souls combat works.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 339,869.49
Bank: 8,527.71
Wiki Edits: 27396
I play a lot of games, not only souls, and if you've seen me play you have seen that I don't pvp and I use one weapon most of the way. I do enjoy RPG games but I am genuinely interested to see what FromSoftware can do that is more action-oriented. I still think we haven't heard it all and there was allusion to some rpg elements that had not yet been disclosed, and there are multiple endings and exploration that should satisfy some replayability.

Either way, I enjoy "one and done" games if that first time is significant, and I am hopeful that From will deliver.
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 1,290.00
Bank: 60,774.50
Wiki Edits: 13071
I'm happy not to see people rejecting the promise of change because they liked the details of the past a bit too zealously.

It's usually embarrassing to see, even if it's sometimes justified.
Shop IconShop Icon