Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Souls: 4,695.00
Wiki Edits: 45444
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a change of pace for Souls fans. But in spite of the difference, there's more of the core of souls to it than one initially thinks.

Shop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Shadeon

Lifetime Subscriber
Adversary of Boredom

Souls: 4,347.50
Wiki Edits: 9
So in summation, Fromsoft says “git gud”, no heavy rpg elements or allies to carry you this time, you filthy casuls.

Datatrop

Souls: 145.00
am i hyped? not really. froms goal is to focusing more to battle, but this is very simple - hitting R1, dodge or jump or graphook, and at least parrying. this gona be boring after a few enemies. :( :( :(
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 373,732.49
Bank: 8,873.71
Wiki Edits: 31206
I think you might be underestimating how much more nuanced the combat and enemies can be when they become the sole focus of development. Exploration and planning are also present, so it's not like all you will do is just cut down hordes of enemies mashing R1
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

rafoca

Souls: 77.00
So 1 weapon and no co-op/pvp? I'd hardly call that an evolution of Souls. More like two steps back, even if it's a great game

rafoca

Souls: 77.00
I remember they saying they axed co-op/multiplayer to make it a better game. Since all souls have pretty high scores, I doubt this game will be so much better to the point they really have to cut multiplayer.

Having finished all souls' games and all major souls like both alone and in co-op, I had way more fun cooperating and being invaded

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,185.50
from was the last company making the games i like and now there wont be any game i like for a long time

the only reason i am doing those game design , drawing and Japanese courses was because i had hopped to join from

what i'm supposed to do when i like something but the majority of people hate it

honestly at this point i feel like life is nothing but meaningless suffering

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 42.00
Bank: 6,724.00
Wiki Edits: 5
just make an indie game revolving around a core mechanic you find interesting. You can scale up to salt and sanctuary style games once you've mastered building and marketing simpler games. Japanese company's aren't particularly likely to hire foreigners but you can re-purpose what you learned in the meantime. you can probably even make it 3d via unreal engine if you can put enough time into it.

sekiro doesn't seem to have much connection to souls much less a evolution of them, seems more like a text book action game than anything else. it's not even the only action game using a prosthetic arm with a consumable resource coming out next year. i would call such a stark departure from a winning formula a business mistake, but if the creative team needs a break then it might be necessary.

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,185.50
its not about mechanics i have no input whatsoever on the difficulty or the character backstory

couldn't they just have made a nameless masked protagonist

apparently no they decided for me that im either going to play their way or not play at all and took the second option

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 42.00
Bank: 6,724.00
Wiki Edits: 5
lordnoah wrote:its not about mechanics i have no input whatsoever on the difficulty or the character backstory

couldn't they just have made a nameless masked protagonist

apparently no they decided for me that im either going to play their way or not play at all and took the second option

its an action game rather than an rpg. they must have a rather specific story they want to tell.