Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

MangaJohn

Souls: 50.00
This was a bit annoying, but the cheese mentioned in the comments and description has helped, using the aerial assassination in phase 2 and the ash/firecracker in phase 3 made it cake. Here is me doing phase 3:

MangaJohn

Souls: 50.00
new to fextralife didnt realise youtube links got removed. Never mind lots of other links and hints here will explain it :)
I think the link to the first image of the gallery is broken
Just wanted to say that her move-set imitates that of the naginata wielding Okami in the Fountainhead Palace. Whoever is the original remains to be discerned.
Honestly, I think she's an Okami Warrior (Or in this case, Okami Monk) who somehow got infested.
True Corrupted Monk truly is a cakewalk if you grapple up to the top left branch and plunge attack to skip second deathmarker, then all it takes is fistfuls of ash (cannot stress that enough) and firecrackers to stunlock the entire third phase! It took me sooooo many attempts doing this blind but just like most bosses there is definitely an easy way to fight her.
You can use snap seeds to dispell shadows in her second phase. I don't know how this information can be useful while you can easily skip the second phase but just wanted to write it since phase 2 information on this wiki page don't mention it.
Thought she was an absolute cakewalk on my first playthrough... figured it would be the same for NG+ but holy*****, she seems to be on another level the second time around. Never looked up the cheese method or I would have done it, but the key for me was playing super defensively, grappling constantly during the illusions (or using a snap seed), and then using a combo of mist raven and mortal draw to deal some vitality damage during phase 3. The important thing is staying defensive, even when her posture is close to breaking. I had so many attempts where I would just get a little carried away trying to push her over the edge, only to have her kill me every time. Counting can seriously help too - 5 counts on the windmill attack and then she rests - that kind of thing.
That giggling reminds me of demons souls.... the reaper giggles as well as the fat official
There is a big with the real version. When she does her overhead attack, both blocking and deflecting do nothing. I still take full damage and get knocked down. no clue what causes this.
It can be deflected unfortunately the window is about as small as an ant. It’s ridiculous
Wasted all my divine confetti and snap seeds. Tried firecrackers and the butterflies. Finally, I decided to switch to Mortal Draw and used that after a Fistful of Ash. Beat it on the first try. Saved my Rice till the end and just backed up, blocked, and waited for openings.
Hardest part of Fountainhead Monk was figurine out which death blow was coming. Mostly just block and dodge the jump attack in the first phase and get two hits in. These bosses always manage to sneak in a hit after any combat art so I just shut it off. Use the firecracker once or twice during first phase just to get the bar going. I death blowed second phase. Third phase I used the combat art Mortal Draw, slashed till I got hit and then healed up. Needed a few purple gourds, too.