Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Okay it says deal extra damage to enemies end bosses but only specifies which enemies, does that mean all the bosses are submissive to this effect ?
Occult weapons are super effective against the mobs listed I believe because they are divine. Occult does effect other types of mobs but the added damage effects are so minimal to a point it is like using a normal weapon on them. should know this because I ran with a bandit knife that was enchanted by the occult effect throughout all playthroughs of ds1 and dsr.
No. Only Ornstein gwyn gwyndolyn I believe and maybe 1 or 2 others. The whole point is that occult is made to kill the gods. so it does bonus damage to the gods and their follwers. not gonna help you against drakes though or anything like that
Can Occult weapons be upgraded or have they reached maximum level? Does that mean picking up the Occult Club in Anor Londo gives you a +15 weapon?
The Club count as a Plus 10 weapon. So you can Upgrade it to Plus 5.
can someone please specify this page? "Effect: Deal Extra damage to certain enemies and bosses" how much extra damage? what are certain bosses?
30%
'30%'?... the amount of extra damage is the amount of Occult that the game says, the number is a percentage, 100 means that you do no extra damage because you're doing 100% damage, 110 means that you deal 10% extra damage, 250 would mean that you would deal 150% extra damage, etc. This same thing also applies to Divine.
I love how the earliest moment you can make an occult weapon is after beating Anor Londo, the only place it will do bonus damage... Thanks From Software
not true necessarily, you can go into the painting and grab the occult ember to make an occult weapon before beating O & S. Then all three bosses weak to it remain undefeated and you can get maximum usage out of this*****ty upgrade path.
isn't the occult club in Anor Londo in the illusory room with Havel's stuff?
Nah, I'm pretty sure you can obtain an occult weapon from one of the mimics.
Valka's Rapier is literally right there before you get to the castle.
Trying to verify extra damage on Black Knights. I fought the one in Undead Burg with Occult Gargoyle Halberd +5 - damage per hit was around 350. Fought the one in Undead Parish with Gargoyle Halberd +15 and damage was a little over 500. I am NG++++ and I think the health on both knights is close to the same. My stats are 40/40 and I do have 32 faith which helps Occult but I don't think it helps that much. Assuming I get past the 4 Kings again I will test against the BKs before the final boss and see how that works out.
Now I am starting the Kiln of the First Flame - The first Black Knight I attack with the Occult Gargoyle Halberd +5 using 2H RB and I get 324 points per hit. I warp back and tried again with a regular Gargoyle Halberd +15 and get 406 per hit using the same 2H RB attack. Not only is there no extra using Occult, there is around 25% less. My stats are a bit higher than I thought - 50/40 with 32 faith. Curious if I am doing something wrong or this is just bad info on the BK and maybe enemies?
Thats most likely because the gargoyles halberd is a high base ar weapon with poor scaling, and you are using split damage on an enemy with high defense.
Probably worth mentioning Occult weapons decrease Faith scaling while raising Strength and Dexterity scaling. They also cannot be buffed.
It’s the other way around.
Why can't my friend pick up an un-upgraded occult longsword?
There may be too much weight in inventory. How many Armors and heavy weapons are there? 500+ Demon Great Machetes or Giant's Armors hit way above the limit to pick up items. You can still buy more equipment, you just can't pick up equipment off the ground until you start throwing excess weight away.
Cuz theyre technically a +10 weapon

PontiffSullivan

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
What's better for a paladin build? This or divine? Thx in advance!
Divine has worse scaling in Faith, but Occult has worse scaling in Strength/Dex. So it's up to you and your build

PontiffSullivan

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
04 Feb anon, thx so much! This was a godsend!
Anon is right, but not really. Usually Divine always has a higher AR, even at 50 Faith, but some weapons like BS, DS and SSS have higher AR with Occult. Just jump on Soulsplanner and go to "Weapons Attack Calculator" to see the best weapons/upgrades for a particular set of stats.