Anything related to Dark Souls!

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 1,353.00
Bank: 62,108.50
Wiki Edits: 13344
I've been requested to update various images for the DS1 / DSR wiki, and so far I've retouched:

-Trusty Patches
-Solaire of Astora
-Daughter of Chaos
-Laurentius of The Great Swamp
-Oswald of Carim
-Domhnall of Zena
-Griggs of Vinheim
-Rickert of Vinheim
-Shiva of The East
-Blacksmith Vamos
-Giant Blacksmith
-Darkmoon Knightess
-Dusk of Oolacile
-Hollow (enemy)
-Hollow with torch (enemy)
-Hollow Warrior (enemy)
-Frog Ray (enemy)
-King Jeremiah (NPC)
-Phalanx (enemy)
-Silver Knight (enemy)
-Bone Tower (enemy)
-Giant Leech (enemy)
-Giant Mosquito (enemy)
-Burrowing Rockworm (enemy)

to do

-Nico of Thorulund
-Quelana of Izalith
-Sieglinde of Catarina

I would have updated Lautrec of Carim but that page is currently locked, and I hereby request it be unlocked.

There are a good number of character, boss and enemy pages whose header images I can't really improve, so I'm going to leave them alone.

I may be adding some galleries to the pages of characters, enemies and bosses, but I don't know yet which ones or when.

Rakuyo,
Shop IconShop Icon

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

No interest? I could use some feedback, if you love the pictures or hate the pictures, or if you just have a suggestion for one.
Shop IconShop Icon

VacuousPoster

Souls: 162.00
Pretty sure links to each page would encourage feedback :)

VacuousPoster

So I checked out Trusty Patches, if it's the correct image, my feedback would be that there's a glare on the characters face making him tough to see.

Maybe a clearer SS showing his face slightly would work better? Cant even make out the faces silhouette, it's all washed out by the glare.

I will try to get you more FB but as is will be tedious via mobile device without direct links. But thank you for taking your own time to do this for us.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

VacuousPoster wrote:So I checked out Trusty Patches, if it's the correct image, my feedback would be that there's a glare on the characters face making him tough to see.

Maybe a clearer SS showing his face slightly would work better? Cant even make out the faces silhouette, it's all washed out by the glare.

I will try to get you more FB but as is will be tedious via mobile device without direct links. But thank you for taking your own time to do this for us.

Thanks, I suppose links would be even more generous, but I expect everyone here to be able to navigate the wiki.

Ya I know about the glare, but I kinda like it, gives Patches something of a masked face which suits his character.

Also don't expect too much from a standard close up. It's a remaster, but his face DOES NOT LOOK GOOD on close up.

The lighting is also required in order to see Patches properly in that scene, which is his most relevant one so, and the one I wanted to show.
Shop IconShop Icon

VacuousPoster

I understand and did appreciate the line you included in the Patches ss.

As for the Four Kings, such a visually active boss can be tough to take all in. But I think you did a good job with the positioning and framing.

If I had to provide a critique - I would have added some space between the boss and player character. With the boss being so visually busy, hard to see the distinction. Looks like a tower shield chastity belt :D

VacuousPoster

Really like what you did with Solaire; recently had a friend who is new to ds1 complaining/ asking where does he get his white soapstone!? Could have just linked him the page. :)

The sun is clearly an important part of the shot, could you have swung the camera down slightly more showing the characters grounded?

Other than that, love the shot!

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

VacuousPoster wrote:I understand and did appreciate the line you included in the Patches ss.

As for the Four Kings, such a visually active boss can be tough to take all in. But I think you did a good job with the positioning and framing.

If I had to provide a critique - I would have added some space between the boss and player character. With the boss being so visually busy, hard to see the distinction. Looks like a tower shield chastity belt :D

Ya well, the busy shots tend to be the most interesting.

Ideally I would just shoot the boss with the binoculars or monocular.

That would leave the player out of the shot and improve the details, but you just can't do that in DS1, not on an active, dangerous boss.
Shop IconShop Icon

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Nito's gallery is up:

https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Nito

Other pages that have been updated:

Nico of Thorolund
Vince of Thorolund