The place to discuss Dark Souls II

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,616.00
Okay I had a thought for a heavier STR build like one I built in DS1 meant to be a big heavy hitter big armor, big shield, big sword... and I think I know what I wanna use

Drakekeeper gear...

Though reccomendations between the UGS, the Axe or the hammer?

Thorien_Kell

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,726.00
Great hammers and UGS are favorite strength gear but consider this - If you go pure STR you will miss on 2/3 of DEX and quality gear. Interesting stuff like lances, halberds and twinblades. IMO with disappearance of lvl 150 meta there is no reason to limit yourself to STR alone - You could go with SM >5M /SL 200 "meta" (that I'm not sure if it exists anymore) for pvp interactions or just level without limitations.
At SL 200 (3-5M SM) you can make really tough quality build warrior 50/40 (you can even squeeze in 30 FAI and spice down SLB to 30 to buff your weapon) but ofc you could start with raising STR to 40 fast and stomp the PVE portion of game ASAP.

Probably best STR weapon that you will find early and it's good for whole game is classical "pizza shovel" UGS. That weapon is many ppl. favorite. Range, moveset and overall feeling of badassery. Only downside is weight.

Of ultra hammers drakekeepers is decent and kinda balanced. Giant warrior club /smelter hammer if you want to push STR build to extremes, and for more balanced earlier PvE large/great club are good options. Versatile moveset, good damage type, very solid STR weapons.

OF UGSes, already mentioned plain GS, zweihander if you want high damage and good moveset UGS but with lower weight and requirements, dakewing, if you like the aesthetics and want missile damage, fume UGS /you want to try this one for sure, Ivory UGS (very badass DLC weapon) and crypt GS for dark+Dtr user but you must build your character around this weapon (I'm playing that build atm)
"Forgive me, all of you, for I have availed you nothing..."
Knight Artorias of Four

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Well the thing is this would be a specialty/cosplay build of Drakekeepers I have a general Melee/Quality character in the works already. I recently lost all my saves cause my damn dog yanked the power cord of my ps3 and shut it down corrupting the save, so I'm rebuilding characters a sorcerer, a dex/faith who's kicking some serious ***, and a quality melee and toying wiht a more str focused character

I had a build like this in 1 that I wrecked shop with. Its not that I don't WANT to use the other weapons its a 'lets try THIS style for fun' *chuckles* this one would be more dedicated to using the heavier weapons.

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Speaking of my dex/faith build I hate trying to get a trade set up sometimes.... I was hoping to find someone with a spare copy of the shadow set at least and nobody's replied...here or in Wheel and Deal on reddit

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Actually dex faith I hear good reviews about the weight/defense' bonus of the Chaos set but I don't have the int for it, is it worth going ot 16 int on a mostly faith/dex build to use it? or am I better off with something else?

Thorien_Kell

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,726.00
Don't bother with stat relocation because of armor. Differences between better armors are barely noticeable. There are many good armors to choose from and are not stat restricted.

With dex/faith you can go with low VIT /flynn's ring and lighter gear.
"Forgive me, all of you, for I have availed you nothing..."
Knight Artorias of Four

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Yeah oh no not doing a flynn's ring build I have too much incidental equipment I carry to deal with various situations. And yeah just was curious as I tend to use the llewyn's set a lot on builds so was curious about a new look. But meh point I've been toying with rebuilding my hexer next.... or one of my planned melee builds...

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

And really wasn't planning stat reallocation, more of 'should I level int the last eight points for the set or not' kinda moment *chuckles*