Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Very rare, especially when you have 4 pieces of giants set to upgrade
Giant clams outside seath boss room drop fairly frequently. Plus you can buy them for 8k from giant blacksmith. Actually pretty cheap.
giants. Giants. GIANTS. BECOME UNSTOPPABLE
equip gold ring, you can easily farm the giant clams next to Seath bonfire
Are the Twinkling titanite sold by the giant of limited qty? Or can I buy as many as I want
as many as you want
why has this got thumbs downs? he literally just asked a question...
Snuggly likes easy farmed moss so much and will give an endless flow of twinkling titanite.
Snuggly only trades one of each Moss per playthrough.
99x Twinkling titanite costs 792,000 from Giant Blacksmith

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Bank: 2,060.00
Wiki Edits: 239
In NG, on average you can get a faster rate of twinkling titanite by farming the clams in crystal caves (~25 min for 99) than farming for the souls to buy them (~40 min @ painted world). This isn't including the extra souls you get from the clams as well as feeding the purging stones to Frampt (~200-250k souls per 99 twinkling titanite provided you are using avarice/silver serpent ring). NG+ and beyond, farming souls in the painted world is a bit faster (~20 min for 792k souls) and definitely less tedious.

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Also, a Great Club +15 with 40 str, 30 faith and sunlight blade will one-shot the clams with a running attack in NG, which makes them a lot more trivial to dispatch.
how are you farming souls that fast in the painted world?

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Killing the Phalanx in the courtyard over and over. Takes about 30 seconds to sprint from the bonfire and one shot them with an AoE spell then sprint back to the bonfire and repeat. There are 14 of them and they drop 500 souls each by default meaning 7k souls every 30 seconds. Wearing the Symbol of Avarice and Silver Serpent ring for two +20% soul boosts that stack as well as getting the overkill +20% boost for doing 150% of their health in one hit (503 dmg in NG) gives you a whopping +72.8% souls increase for 12,096 souls in 30 seconds. Works out to around 24k souls a minute or 1.4 million an hour. For getting the high AoE damage, I used Wrath of the Gods at 30 faith boosted with Ring of the Sun's Firstborn and Power Within. I've heard a fully upgraded pyromancy flame and Chaos Storm works as well. Happy farming.