VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 322,053.49
Bank: 8,443.71
Wiki Edits: 25618
Today Cas streamed his rusty souls moves a bit earlier than most get to play it. When you do get your hands on the game, let’s discuss how everyone likes it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUT9EqAjjI

Also below is Namco's official FAQ about the test

:00008:
Undead of Lordran, welcome to the Dark Souls: Remastered Network Test. Here, we will attempt to answer your questions about the test to make your experience more pleasant. If you have any other questions about the test, please contact our customer support team.

The purpose of this network test is to improve the overall quality of the final game, and thus will be free to play. The network test will occur across two periods on the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. Any players who own the above hardware will be able to participate in the network test. With regards the network test for the Nintendo Switch, we will inform you when the details are ready.

When is the test?

The Network Test will be active on May 11 and May 12. Here are the specific testing times for each date:
  • Trial Period 1: May 11th, 2018 - 6:00PM - 12:00AM CEST
  • Trial Period 2: May 12th, 2018 - 6:00PM - 12:00AM CEST

How can we report problems during the test?

Please visit networktest.darksouls-remastered.com to report any problems you encounter during the test.

Please note: our team will intentionally add load to the network from time to time during the test, so some players may not be able to log in as a result.

Does this test include Switch users or PC users?

No, the test client is only available on Playstation 4 and Xbox One. A separate Network Test will be held for the Nintendo Switch at a later date which will be announced in the future.

How can I participate the test?

You will need the Network Test Client and an active internet connection. The client was downloadable between May 2 and May 8, 2018. Without this client, it is not possible to participate in the Network Test.

Is it necessary to have an active Playstation Plus or Xbox Gold subscription to participate in the test?

No, Playstation Plus or Xbox Gold are not needed to access the test, only the Network Test Client.

What areas will be available during the test?

The test will take place in the Undead Parish, which sharp-eyed players may recall was the stage that was playable during the original E3 2011 demo of Dark Souls.

What network features will be available during the test?

All online functionalities of Dark Souls: Remastered will be available to test during the Network Test, including 6 player multiplayer.

Does the Network Client represent the final product of Dark Souls: Remastered?

No, this test client is not considered a finalized demo of the product’s performance.

Will it be possible to export our game save data from the Network Test client to the final release of Dark Souls: Remastered?

No, game data from the Network Test client will not be transferable.

:00008:
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 23,688.50
Wiki Edits: 21
I loved this game with utter passion.
After playing it again in this arguably not so much better skin, I strongly feel like I will keep my memories intact rather compromising them with retrograde frustration.

I doubt this “remaster” was a good idea even for players who never played it because it feels utterly clumsy and slow after dks2, Bb and especially dks3.

Many years have past, FROM has been skillfully improving their formula. I am looking forward to their next evolution, not dwelling in the past

Move forward

Umbasa
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,424.50
Feels like the old Dark Souls. Slow, steady, punishing. Looks better, runs smoother.

I like it.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,504.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
Ugh. Overly generous backstab boxes. I remember you
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,424.50
Yeah it took a bit to remember where they were, same with parries.

I can see PvP being a gank-fest just like 3. Oh but now, you've got gravelords messing with you and no seeds of a giant tree to even the odds.

I like it.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,504.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
They're really encouraging ganks with how op the Invaders are
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,473.00
I started right at 6 pm. Started with a pyro, which is how I rolled on the original. I think. That was way back in 2012. Sluggish, clunky. Graphics only slightly better than original and I’m playing on a Pro. What exactly did they remaster? Just to make it their final iteration of all invaders, all the time?

No tree seeds? Then f*ck them, they didn’t make this unmasterful remaster for me to enjoy.

I tried all of the builds. Sunlight Warrior was the easiest. I made it to boss door without dying and with 9 flasks left. But every summoning failed. Tried many times. One almost made it, then failed.

DS1 was my least favorite, because I loved Demon’s Souls and the “spiritual successor” was a let down. I wanted to give it another chance if it was a really good and fun remaster. I might completely pass on this.

God of War, so much better.

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 22,721.00
Wiki Edits: 15
ElvesRule wrote:God of War, so much better.

As curious as I am about DSRemastered, I can't help thinking I might be better off just spending an extra 20 bucks on the new GoW, which does look awesome.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,700.01
I joined quite late, first two fights were real, real bad.

But from the third got the hang of it again, stacking up humanity at the speed of light just like the old times.

classes werent balanced out too much it seemed, 99% of the people i fought were naked or almost naked blackknights (yes, me too)

Im not sure yet what the value will be for me after all this years. But i think ill give it a chance.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,766.00
Wiki Edits: 41
I'm pretty happy with where the visuals are. It was interesting to learn what pvp tech is still there and what isn't. Though I will admit i'm not happy that gravelords were not changed. Still need NG+ to actually infect people with black phantoms. Also not happy that the DS3 healing changes made it in. For once I was hoping some leaks were wrong. But Considering the pvp tech in the game still it might not be as bad. Either way i'm probably not getting it on launch.

It's worth the 40$ price tag imo. But i'm not exactly craving a souls title at the moment. Playing too many other things. MHW has kind of filled that void for me for the time being anyway.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.