Okay I'm through the forest, stats are

Att: 16
Str: 16
Dex: 9
Int: 20
Everything else is base for sorcerer class

My gear is mainly binoculars, flame longsword+4 starting staff+3
And drangleic shield

My spells are two soul arrows and the arrow spell found in the balista room by pate

Mostly wondering any advice for next focus? Like area wise? Or should I raise my health or that some before continuing my offensive stats

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 1,537.50
Bank: 53,499.50
Wiki Edits: 12028
Dark_Phantom_Reaper wrote:Okay I'm through the forest, stats are

Att: 16
Str: 16
Dex: 9
Int: 20
Everything else is base for sorcerer class

My gear is mainly binoculars, flame longsword+4 starting staff+3
And drangleic shield

My spells are two soul arrows and the arrow spell found in the balista room by pate

Mostly wondering any advice for next focus? Like area wise? Or should I raise my health or that some before continuing my offensive stats

There are several spells that are very interesting for a sorcerer, and you should try and get them as soon as possible.

- Great Soul Arrow
- Homing Soul Mass
- Crystal Homing Soul Mass
- Soul Spear
- Soul Greatsword
- Great Magic Weapon
- Crystal Magic Weapon
- Fall Control

You should also make sure that you get the following items:

- Dull Ember
- Clear Bluestone Ring
- Stone Ring
- Staff of Wisdom
- Moonlight Greatsword (or Crystal Soul Spear)

There's no problem with upgrading the basic Sorcerer's Catalyst, as it's pretty much the best sorcery catalyst until you get Staff of Wisdom.
Shop IconShop Icon

Thorien_Kell

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,726.00
After starting cardinal tower you can end up on lost Bastille area - but for mage going asap to no man's wharf could be better because there is wizard teacher you will find there who will sell you advanced spells. Therefore you have to go to heide's tower first, you know the area with big knights.

You can also find ring of binding there which is must have for newbie undead. You don't have to kill old knight boss there, only dragoinrider and there is cleric trader in that area as well.

As for stats having 20 in END and VIT is no brainier for any class. Later put points there only if you need them. After that raise INT asap to 40.

For the gear I recommend fast cast ring (will be sold by mentioned teacher) and second dragon ring (manscorpion will give it freely after you kill freja spider boss later, you need a ring from shalur the cat merchant to speak to him)

For armor lion mage set is excellent (grants faster casting) but you need a fragrant branch of yore to get it, or you could install the fraps and use "exploit jump" to get it sooner. Just watch YT vid on the subject if you opt for that later.

Also, first branch of yore use on the pyromancy teacher melfia, she is in that building after the bernard of yugo (guy with blue sword) turned to stone and holding a switch.

After that just take it easy, explore and build character slowly.
"Forgive me, all of you, for I have availed you nothing..."
Knight Artorias of Four

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,286.00
Okay to clarify I'm new at building a sorcerer but not to ds2.

And yeah working on getting a branch next just either have to beat lost sinner or get to harvest valley...and might be the valley as the fat undead before the lost sinner are resisting everything I throw at them. Both my fire longsword and my magic

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

But to further clarify isn't there a similar effect if I wear the Clear bluestone ring and raises I think its dex? To boost my casting speed? I just don't like the look of the lion mage set. Though I might toy with a little pyromancy too while I'm working on this as I'm going to get a much wider range of those before I get up to the top tier sorceries...

But yeah any advice for those fat creatures in the hall leading to Lost Sinner? Do I just need to raise my damage more? Or should I see about getting a different weapon to use against them? I think if I two hand it the craftsman's hammer would be useable...

Thorien_Kell

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,726.00
Dex cast speed increase is form DS1, here only attunement, int and dex WIS (typo) (last two only by half effect) shorten your casting time.
Ring raises CS by 20 /35% if +1
Mage lion set 5% per piece.
Straid's black hood 11% (given after trading 4 souls)

I guess for PvE you don't have to maximize the bejezus out of CS , some fashion sacrifice may be OK.
Personally I would use hood, skirt and whatever suits me for body /gloves. Executioner set might be nice.

For creatures in sinners rise, well having one major damage stat is always advisable,
snipe them form distance with spells. You can use the binoculars to snipe. I don't think bigger weapon
will help, but if you must use a weapon, some rapier thingy behind big shield and magic weapon on could do the trick.
Last edited by Thorien_Kell on Fri May 11, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Forgive me, all of you, for I have availed you nothing..."
Knight Artorias of Four

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Yeah I'm not planning to jump to a big weapon just thinking perhaps a sword or such that doesn't have split damage might do a bit more OOMPH to them...

And yeah I seem to be casting pretty fast on my own, and thanks for the clarification

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 1,537.50
Bank: 53,499.50
Wiki Edits: 12028
Dark_Phantom_Reaper wrote:But to further clarify isn't there a similar effect if I wear the Clear bluestone ring and raises I think its dex? To boost my casting speed? I just don't like the look of the lion mage set. Though I might toy with a little pyromancy too while I'm working on this as I'm going to get a much wider range of those before I get up to the top tier sorceries...

But yeah any advice for those fat creatures in the hall leading to Lost Sinner? Do I just need to raise my damage more? Or should I see about getting a different weapon to use against them? I think if I two hand it the craftsman's hammer would be useable...

Clear Bluestone Ring simply raises Casting Speed in a significant way.

The Dex mechanic is from DS3, and belongs not to the Clear Bluestone Ring but to the Sage Ring.

If you're simply trying to kill the Lost Sinner, then I'd strongly advise you to run past those creatures.

But first you must have opened up at least one of the doors leading to the Sinner.

If you insist on fighting, the monsters are vulnerable to backstabs.
Shop IconShop Icon

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Well I'm also trying to do lucatiels questline, and she stops to fight them.

And alrighty might look into getting the upgraded version from the skeleton Lord's... Meaning two ascetics minimum, one for mlgs and one for the upgraded bluestone ring

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Alright it wasn't the split damage I needed something to hit harder than my Fire sword, MAgic mace is kicking some ***... in fact I have the physical stats to eventually run the Moonlight Greatsword, and I can powerstance maces if I ever need to...debating infuse the second magic as well or fire? Since both would be good for my build.