Discuss Team Ninja's action rpg Nioh
Wiki: Visit the Nioh Wiki
Visit the Nioh 2 Wiki

tomgreg89x

Souls: 70.00
Just started this game and im finding it too confusing. I see all the skill tree etc but have no idea how it works, how to get samurai,omnyo or jutsu points, what the difference is between them and how to assign skills. Why does it drop you in the game without any of this knowledge? it almost puts me off playing all together.

the learn skills and customize skill menus are gibberish to me. I can't find a clear explanation of how all these things work. so im basically just running around not using any skills and just hacking and slashing with square wondering what the hell im supposed to be doing.

if someone could give me a rundown of what omnyo/samurai/jutsu are, how to aquire those points, how to assign skills with them , how the learn skills and customize skills menus work and also what talismans do etc that would be great

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,462.50
Your skill points come from two main sources: locks of hair (dropped items from chests, rewards from quests) that only appear once per difficulty and leveling up certain stats. Onmyo is linked to spirit, ninjutsu to dexterity, while samurai points you get from pretty much every other stat.

In the skills, you get a video of how to use a skill usually. That shows you how to use it, and what it does.

At low level, don't worry about stats, or weapons, or gear much. You'll outpace it quickly.

tomgreg89x

i havent really been given any skills to use at this point. what should i focus on at the moment. just killing the first boss? then what?

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Ah if you're at the first boss after the tutorial, then yes. Focus on killing the boss first. Get used to ki management, ki pulse, and dodging attacks. I don't think you can actually level up yet, until after you clear the first mission.
on the way to the first boss theres only one way through to the next area and thats through fire, its spread across a doorway. so i gotta run through that then use 2 exlirs just to heal after being damaged by it. how come theres no other way?
I’m still at the first boss. None of my special skills work. I can only use normal attack and strong attack. That normal?

tomgreg89x

I’m still at the first boss area. I can’t use any special skills only square for medium attack and triangle for strong attack. That normal?

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Yeah, the first level is probably the biggest hurdle you'll face. You get your basic attacks, and that's pretty much it. You can't level up until after this mission IIRC, so you have to get through it. You can summon help, I think.

There's all kinds of side paths, and shortcuts, and different ways you can travel the level, so check everywhere.

Get used to attacking once or twice, then dodging away. Also, learn to Ki Pulse, that helps you keep your stamina up.

Green__Eagle

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,169.00
For the first boss, I recommend a fast attack weapon and try to cut the chains attached to the balls. That will make the fight much easier.
My YouTube channel.
Follow Me @Green3Eagle, the Twitter thingy.