Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

b33tlejuice

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
screw this bird, screw the bounty, this thing can take it's little beak and go peck some ajanass

b33tlejuice

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
for real, subspecies would be less common than these things and im STILL looking, I think ya'll just playin an the game str8 up lyin to me

Noleen

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,851.00
Wiki Edits: 470
Yeah this guys are hard to find, I spent 2-3 hours going back and forth between Ancient Forest and Wildspire Waste to find it again for the bounty, because the one I caught before didn't count... It's important to play with your camera and listen to their noise.
Shop IconShop Icon
After spending forever searching [and realising is was mostly night] i just had 3 lots spawn at sunrise. but whatever. random luck imo
Does anyone know how big they are. You don't need to be very specific, I just need an estimate.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,241.50
Wiki Edits: 277
Do you know what a Morning Dove is IRL? About that big, maybe a bit bigger.
If not, they are a bit smaller than the Vulture birds in game.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,241.50
Wiki Edits: 277
Useful tip: These things will NOT show up if you are looking at them. So put on the Gillie mantle, go to an area with Aptonoth or Apceros, turn your character's back to them, look away, and then listen for the chirping.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
I was hunting these for an hour or two and saw some on a drinking apthonoth.
Then anjanath came and scared them off good game
I was trying to locate a high rank Kulu-Ya-Ku to spawn in either Ancient Forest and Wildspire waste so I can get the mission to hunt one right? I was focused on that then saw some weird white blobs on an aptonoth in the Ancient forest, what luck eh? THE NEXT 3 AREA SWAPS SPAWNED THESE F***ERS! I've spent well over 150 hours in this game and never saw any till then. Goddamn RNG...
Can also be found on the back of a Grandfather Mantagrell at the top of sector 13 in the Coral Highlands.
I switched back and forth between Forest and Wastes. I saw them on the northern set of apinoths (central camp, head north). Both times it was when the creatures were already walking.

After the first time, which I messed up, it took 24 area loading screens (12 in forest, 12 in wastes). I'd bet they have about a 5% chance to spawn.
God loves me, they spawned 5 times in just 15 min, I failed to catch them the first 4 times