Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

SteelDash

Souls: 50.00
Don't get this weapon as a pyro or infuse it, It's outclassed by Fire infused Rapier or Espada Ropera fire infused. Still good for range
hell no. Both rapier and espada ropera infused would not fully benefit from ring of blades and flynn ring, and you cannot use charcoal resin on them. Chaos rapier still has the highest damage on a dex/pyro build, when using both rings and the fire resin

FatherThyme

Casual
Convict

Souls: 150.00
I think your stats may not have been very pyro specific? With mid to high dex those weapons will do more physical AR, yeah. The cool thing about the Chaos Rapier is that it can get much higher fire damage than it will have in physical with the fire infusion, which frees up stats for hexers/pyros. For a high fire bonus pyro this weapon is therefore actually quite good, especially once Flame Weapon is unlocked. The fire clutch ring would then boost both spells and the AR on this thing for a pyro. BUT--a pyro probably doesn't NEED another weapon to deal fire damage, they've got spells for that. Which is probably why this weapon is sold by Felkin, and is intended for hexers (dark resistant enemies are often weak to fire).
Is it very good? No. Do i still use it for my pyro character because it looks slick? Possibly

FatherThyme

Casual
Convict

Souls: 150.00
This weapon is actually a pretty good auxiliary weapon on a hexer. With high Int/Faith, fire infusion, and the fire clutch ring, you can get about 300 fire damage on it (plus like 120 physical). Like all rapiers, you can use Old Leo Ring to further boost the damage, and Flynn's Ring will add 50 physical damage regardless of the infusion. My final AR on it was 445 and my dex is only 16. I used Flame Weapon on it to really make use of that high fire damage.

The counter rating is 140, further making this weapon deceptively powerful. It also only weighs 1.5 units, drains very little stamina per hit, and can strike very quickly. The R2 parry also pairs very well with Sanctum Shield or Disc Chime or even with a staff in the offhand (since they have no parry).

I had a bunch of Twinkling titanite left over in the last DLC so I fully upgraded it solely to fight the reindeer with fire damage. But now that I've seen what it can do I'm sure I'll be using it in certain places in NG+2. I was able to kill the reindeer very quickly with this thing. If I dodged an attack I was able to shred like 2/3 of its HP before its next attack.

Only warning to people is that there are a lot of fire-resistant enemies in certain areas, and several water areas, so you'll need another weapon. It won't carry you through the entire game. But anything weak to fire is going to be absolutely eviscerated by this thing.
I prefer my dark spider's silk for my hexer, but I like using chaos rapier sometimes for the parry. Also great for if someone is resistant to dark. It's best left not infused. Also, if you don't have old leo ring equipped, you're doing rapiers wrong and missing out on a ton of extra damage.
Same person. Forgot to clarify that I use sanctum shield in left hand. Swap between staff and rapier in right hand. Sanctum shield is underrated for its versiitility. Especially for a hexer.