Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
Probably one of the better overlooked weapons in DS1/Remaster. It's hit box isn't as broken as the Demon's Spear, but it's really close. Spears on thier own are just amazing at keeping backstab fisher's at bay by being really freaking long and relatively quick. This weapon just pairs well with Dark Bead (Dark Bead is broken on it's own) by being a long range intelligence scaling weapon where darkbead is a point blank kick to the balls. Like clock work, after a few pokes with this people will realize that you out space every weapon except 2 in the entire game. So what can they do but roll towards you? Even with zero dexterity, you can start casting a dark bead and catch them coming out of thier roll. It's mindlessly easy to rack up PvP kills: Poke, poke, darkbead, enjoy your loading screen, gg. Great weapon, if you want to escape the backstab oriented combat and go for the next most broken playstyle.
By Anonymous
Dark bead is the worst spell in the game for pvp. Only does damage up close, but if you are close, you will get backstabbed.
By Anonymous
23 aug 2020 looks like somebody got killed by dark bead and got pissy
By BigFaithBigStrength
Extremely good weapon for INT builds. If you have 12 strength and a good amount of int, give this one a shot.
By Anonymous
Easy poking, as a mage, less **** to deal with.
By Anonymous
Alternative for mlgs if you are a melee mage
By Anonymous
Moonlight Butter Don't Fly
By Anonymous
And neither do I
By Anonymous
and yet every night I cry
By Anonymous
Just hoping not to die
By Anonymous
I was really surprised at how good this spear is (PVE). I recently decided to make a new dark sorceror build using the Manus catalyst and Large Club +15 40 STR 45 INT. The build I was following recommended this as a backup weapon but after I started using it became my main goto weapon for most fights. It's range is huge can attack while blocking and the th quick R1 with low stamina costs make it a great choice for a caster. I now use the Large club on certain larger and slower enemies but use this spear on nearly everything else.
By Anonymous
Praise the YouTube Cowboy
By Anonymous
Pretty great weapon for PvP once upgraded - the pure magic damage tears through most shields
By Anonymous
it moth horn
By Anonymous
great support weapon for MLGS. Get 13 dex on your int build for QFS and those three make a pretty dam good offensive core of weapons.
By Anonymous
Would this be a good choice for NG sorcerer run in mid level? Still need to get to Anor Londo to make this weapon though, and upon reaching Anor Londo U really get a lot of options. Is this spear good enough comparing to other weapons such as Velka rapier or just make some enchanted weapons?
By Anonymous
yeah it's really good because it's pure magic damage & not split damage
By Anonymous
Bruh literally just cut off seaths tail. Its FREE and you get the best magic scaling non-catalyst weapon in the game