Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 776.00
Is there a way?

Psiberzerker

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,851.00
Yeah, cast it with the Storyteller's Staff, and stack that cloud on it. (Poison Spores do Toxic level damage, but it's not a Point Cast, it's a short cone with a short Duration.)
Skilled>Build

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Pestilent Mist doesn't scale with your stats and isn't affected by whatever catalyst you cast it with, so no. It's not as weak as it pretends to be though, it's just that the damage it does is based on a percentage of the enemy's maximum HP. It does the most damage when used against big, slow things with tons of health, like bosses.

Wvubeerman

Regular
Battle Tested

So no ring would help with casting or making it stronger? I was trying to help out people today with Midir and it was doing good against him and people seemed to appreciate it. Wonder why more people are not seen using this on him. Also if two of us did it does that stack?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Wvubeerman wrote:So no ring would help with casting or making it stronger? I was trying to help out people today with Midir and it was doing good against him and people seemed to appreciate it. Wonder why more people are not seen using this on him. Also if two of us did it does that stack?

Correct, rings won't affect its damage. More people don't use it on Midir because of the 30 Intelligence requirement, since the most popular builds are usually some variant of Strength+Dexterity/Vitality.

A few patches ago, casting Pestilent Mercury would remove any other Pestilent Mercury cast by other players (an unusual way of saying they didn't stack), but that eventually changed. Now, yes, two or more people can cast PM and they each will deal their full damage to whatever happens to be touching them.

Psiberzerker

Addicted
First Warden

The only ring that would help with casting it is the Sage's Ring, to cast it faster. Throw on another spell for more damage. On something with hitboxes as huge as Midir's, I'd try Crystal Hail, since they don't do much damage individually, but you can hit her with a lot of them per cast. (Also the demons. IDK, this is in theory, as I don't have the DLCs, but that's how I'd approach them with a Sorcerer, not knowing their Magic Resistance. Another one I'd try is Bursting Fireball, which is a Pyromancy with good Intelligence scaling, and a lot of hits over a large area.)

Also, listen to TSMP. I'm trying to help, but they wrote the book on Magic in this game.
Skilled>Build

Wvubeerman

Regular
Battle Tested

I did 25 intelligence and wear the ring B-) So what would be the best spell to use with that if I have 30 intelligence and not much in faith?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Buffs that don't scale with stats, since offensive spellcasting is heavily dependent on stats for damage. You could probably get away with using some pyromancies though, like Chaos Bed Vestiges. Just don't expect to do very much damage compared to other players with more specialized builds.

Psiberzerker

Addicted
First Warden

Wvubeerman wrote:I did 25 intelligence and wear the ring B-) So what would be the best spell to use with that if I have 30 intelligence and not much in faith?

Bursting Fireball. Try to hit it with as many of them as possible. Or Crystal Hail, try to hit it with as many as possible. I honestly don't know which Mirdir would be more resistant to, but CBV is 1 hit per cast, and very expensive in terms of FP/Attunement. I doubt you're specialized enough to get much out of it compared to multiple hitting AoE spells. My money's on Crystal Hail with those stats. Might want to level up/respec for more Intelligence.
Skilled>Build

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 22,847.00
Wiki Edits: 15
I recall lightning arrows to the face being okay against Midir (or better yet, lightning spears if you have the FP.

I've never been able to beat this thing with melee.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"