Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
Anyone here knows which catalyst is the best for buffs? I'm thinking in creating a Sorcerer to fight in PVPs, but with a Claymore or a Rapier (probably Ricard's Rapier) as my weapon when I'm not using sorceries. So basically, I would have a catalyst for sorceries and another catalyst for buff in my right hand weapon
By Anonymous
Buffs typically work with strictly multiplying your Mag. Adj. value by a reasonable number. Off the top of my head, the Sunlight Blade miracle does 1.8x and I think that's what CMW does as well. They also usually only have one cast, so pulling out the TCC or MC that halves casts won't hurt at all.
All in all, TCC is the best for buffs, as it gets the best Mag. Adj. value and has no other downsides. If you really, *really* wanna save on hassle though, whichever you're using for your regular Sorceries will work too (So probably Logan's).
One thing to note: You can sorta smurf really easily by getting a +4 Enchanted weapon (my go-to is the Claymore, because speccing into STR will help with Dark Sorceries like Pursuers if you're using the right Catalyst) without defeating any bosses, with the exception of Asylum Demon. I don't condone this, but you *can* do it. Just farm Blighttown leeches and the Crystal Golems by Havel and steal the Enchanted Ember by using the Hydra ladder and visit Rickert a few times. Killing area bosses removes your ability to do Online for that area, so that's why this is sorta a smurf tactic because you have everywhere at your fingertips to invade with a nearly maxxed out wepon. If you don't feel like invading in Lower Burg, killing Capra and farming the slimes near the Depths bonfire is faster and easier than dealing with Blighttown leeches. Anyways, yeah, have fun doc. I know I'm 2 months late, but I felt like sharing.
By Anonymous
The Tin Banishment and Demon catalyst are both useful as melee weapons if you are planning a Catalyst only no casting run
By Anonymous
Y
By Anonymous
What the hell is a tcc
By Anonymous
Tin Crystallization Catalyst (TCC)
By Anonymous
tin crystalization catalyst
By Anonymous
the Tin Crystallization Catalyst gives a massive damage bonus to your spells, at the cost of halving the total amount you can use
By Anonymous
*Chuckles in CMW buffed ricardo's rapier*
By Anonymous
i melted a few bosses with that a few days ago.