Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

"You can speed up recovery by continuously moving Left Stick." In regards to paralysis and stun, should it be a sharp side-to-side motion, or should it be a more circular motion?
Pretty sure it's circular. I can hear more "clicking" noises rotating it.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,186.50
Wiki Edits: 277
The anon is right I think. Circular seems to go better. But it only works for stun. You have to wait for paralysis to wear off, or have a friend come hit you.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno
Circular is better since it hits more actuation points that the controller can read
Can blights affect monsters too?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,186.50
Wiki Edits: 277
No, they cannot.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno
no
BLASTblight does
the status ones can sleep, blast, poison, paralysis and stun all effect monsters elementals though, no elemental damage is just more/less damage depending on resistances
If you use a bow with the blast status effect, plus blast coating, does the effect stack up quicker or something?
No, the blast status effect is a timer that can be removed by rolling three times. Note: Blast blight cannot be removed with a nullberry. After the timer is up, blast blight goes away, but your hunter will explode, dealing a considerable amount of damage.
That wasn't the question he was asking. He's asking if the innate status effect on a bow, like blast, will stack with an applied coating against an enemy.

For example, the bow from the arena challenges has innate blast damage (not hidden). Does that stack with the blast coating you can place on your own arrows for faster blast buildup on an enemy monster?

I don't know the answer, I'm just clearing up the question.
For fox sake people. YES, the answer is yes. There's a whole page on blast. There are 3 stages to how fast you'll build up blast on an enemy.
Just from reading forum posts: Blights cannot affect monsters, poison, stun, paralysis, blastblight, and sleep can. Bleeding and effuvial buildup cannot. They basically do the same thing to the monster they would to the player after they trigger. To trigger a status on a monster you need to damage it's individual healthbar for that status. Ex. Hitting a monster with a sword that has 100 poison dmg will deal 100 dmg to that monsters independent health for that status. If the monster has 700 points against poison, you would have to hit it seven times. After procing a status on a monster it's health for that particular status effect goes up. So for the previous example, after procing poison, it's poison health will recover and the max value will increase to something like 1200 points. If a monster does not recieve damage toward a particular status effect for some time it's health toward that effect will recover to whatever it's current max health value for that status is. TLDR; statuses work on monsters, blights do not.
Get a weapon with ICE and start hitting a monster. Watch as it quickly becomes exhausted. However different monsters are immune to different things, so keep that in mind.
As anon said, blights do work. I've used Ice weapons against Diablos and after some time his attacks slow down significantly without the exhausted symptoms, like he just can't use some his attacks. He can still spam the digging attack, however. Dagnabbit. My thunder hammer also seems to generally be a reliable stun, though I'll admit that I've not compared it a lot with my other hammers.
I discovered this just now .. u can avoid effluvium if u shoot torch pod at the ground..

maitkarro

Souls: 315.00
Wiki Edits: 51
Or at monsters, the game has tip for it I think.
Was hoping for some info on using Blast weapons. I've read that the invisible blast meter requires more and more to fill after each trigger but by how much? Is it exponential or linear?
No one knows the exact numbers. Generally fast weapons are better for elemental and status damage as they generate more hits than slower weapons. Over the course of a 5-20 min fight, you will proc it plenty.
I know that Elemental Attack/Ailment values cap out at a certain point, but does the buildup rate mentioned in ailments have a cap too?
can thunder element weapon paralyze the foe ?
no. Thunder causes thunderblight, which causes the afflicted to be stunned more easily.