Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

It should be worth noting that spells like Iron Flesh drastically reduce your lightning resistance.
It would make some sense since it's known as iron flesh that it would make you more conductive
It seems no one has written anything about this, so here goes. I just discovered while PvPing in the Anor Londo Water Reserve that my Lightning Urns left a medium sized lingering AoE upon impact with the water. Makes sense that water conducts lightning, so I experimented a little. It seems that any lightning based projectile will leave the same lingering AoE upon contact with a surface submerged in water, including lightning miracles and Dragonslayer Lightning Arrows. The 2 things I've seen that don't leave the AoE are the Lightning Storm miracle and the WA of the Nameless King's Dragonslayer Swordspear. I'm guessing Lightning Storm isn't a projectile, doesn't touch the ground, or is already considered an AoE because Lightning Stake has the AoE, and that the WA doesn't count as a projectile, because Ornstein's Dragonslayer Spear WA does leave the AoE.

I haven't tested anything with the Knight's Crossbow yet, but imagine Gael's Repeating Crossbow with Lightning Bolts... I can smell the salt already.
Just tested the repeating crossbow WA on a giant crab by the crucifixion woods bonfire, and a plus 5 did 190 damage on direct hits with all bolts, and 180 when i hit none of the bolts but got the aoe on all of them, so really close damage numbers, plus way easier to hit. It also looked very flashy.
The knight's crossbow doesn't activate it on non lightning bolts either, same with the lothric knight greatsword or dragonslayer's axe buffed with lightning resin.
The crow quills infused with lightning don't trigger it on their WA either, so I doubt any lightning infused weapons will count.

Reiken

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 3
The only thing that works, is lightning projectiles, not weapons. But Nameless's sword spear WA works since it's technically a projectile.