Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

i have see the Legiana get into a turf war with a Paolumu i was hunting
seen*
I can confirm they don't like each other seen the Legiana throw the puffy bat to the ground while i was hunting the Legiana and i wasn't going to get between them
I love how unimpressed Legiana always is with Bazelgeuse...
nice
just hunted it, the bow and the quick shot is good for it
I can't kill this thing before it *****es out and leaves the map. : /

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,246.50
Wiki Edits: 277
Try using a flash pod when it's flying around. It will fall to the ground allowing you to get free hits in.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
what weapon you using to fight it ??
use flash pods to bring it down to ground. when it flees on it's nest, use glider mantle for easy mounting and damage. the nest has air paths going upwards.
Battle it during a quest or investigation, not during an expidition. I've never had a quest target flee....
Same here. Flies away before I start to deal serious damage. Can't kill it before it times out.
Equip flash pods as well as the EZ flash pod and use fire or electric element dual swords. When it's dazed or when it lands on the ground Demon slash the hell out of it's head. Does the trick for me, make sure to use Max potion and Might seed for added health and attack damage.
Might Seed? Don't you Demondrug bro?
demondrug is good for long lasting attack until faint. As somone with attack boost level 7,powercharm, and powertalon, a mega demondrug only boosts my attack up slightlly, like 10 to 30 attack. a might seed or might piil can do double that or a little more for a reduced amount of time. so if you have what i have,use might seedsto your advantage when a monster is knocked down.
This is basically EXACTLY what I did. Get it knocked over, buff my attack and mercilessly combo it's face with the Kadachi Claws.
its such a majestic dragon, it's design alone almost made up for the fact I had to farm it like 7 times for 2 legina claws , . . . almost
The plunderblade really belps for that
so do the legiana set and kirin set, ESPECIALLY BOTH HR AT ONCE
https://youtu.be/GopGmqsuZeE

Bonkdaddy

Souls: 55.00
Day 419 still no leg plate from it....
Take some of mine, I have 7 of them
Do you have a time machine?
nice job on the status ailments fEXTRANUBS
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 385,871.49
Bank: 9,234.71
Wiki Edits: 32896
It's a wiki. If you find a mistake you can fix it instead of being an ***.
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Question: So please clarify... for Legiana (High rank) Plate, you must kill the monster and carve it... (harvest it with circle).

Whereas for the Legiana Gem, to be able to get this mat, you must meet the requirements to break head, back, AND tail, and then harvest it using circle. Now it's not a guaranteed Mat, but it opens up the doorway for a CHANCE to get the mat. Is that correct?

Also, carves are different from rewards, rewards are dependent on parts broken and stuff, right? A separate set of loot.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Carves are different from rewards, that is correct. You can get a plate from rewards or carves.
The gem can only come from rewards (on this monster). In order to have a chance at getting it, you need to break the head, back, OR tail. (Looks like someone forgot the or) Breaking all of them will give you the best chance.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
@Fallen can you confirm what you said?
"The gem can only come from rewards (on this monster)."

I'm looking at the above table and it says the Gem can only come from carves... makes me question the credibility of this information.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Whoops, nevermind. I had it wrong. You can get it from carves, I double checked.

So you can get it from the rewards if you break the head, back, and/or tail, or you could carve it.

DannyPhantumm

Souls: 50.00
The game doesn’t tell you what parts are broken. And it has four breakable parts of which I need three....

It seems like carving would be the way to go most efficiently? But everywhere I have read to capture. .__.’

Maybe I misunderstand. Say I broke the head back or tail. Does hat mean only three of my rewards has a chance to be a gem?

DannyPhantumm

@Fallen: I did some research. You can get the gem by breaking parts and it’ll be in the Rewards box at the end. A post on Reddit confirmed that there are no “carve-exclusive” rewards. (:

xXBraley69Xx

if you capture you'll get more rewards. an dbette rchances at gems and plates. hell if you break head, tail and back, have a silver and gold plates and cap it you could walk away with muliple gems/plates
using the legiana or kirin bonus sets makes it possible to get carve rewards for captures regardless of breaks/carve/etc.