Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Is it really you can only have one Palico? I've seen videos with people have 2 or 3 of them while fighting and they are not playing with other players.
You can find other palicos called tailraiders in the wild.
Tailraiders are not palicoes.

I believe if you are in a squad, you will sometimes find a squad members palico during an expedition.

As mentioned below, you can also recruit the tailraiders if you manage to find their camp.
Occasionally you can find the Palicoes of people that have sent you their guild card wandering the map.
What you've seen is other people's cats , when you send your guild card to someone and they accept it, your cat will show up on there solo play through, weather tour on a mission or just exploring
you can pick up random palico in areas dotted across the maps just walk up to them to recruit them, they stay with you till their health reaches zero can have a max of one tho far as ive seen
Those are probably trailraiders, palicoes or grimalkynes you pick up on your quests and expeditions.
is there a way so get your palico to accompany you and two of your friends. while me and my friends were playing together, our palicos were not with us. it kind of defeats the purpose of playing with other people since your palico can be extremely useful
Think of the palicos and tailriders as a fill in for the the spots that actual people can fill.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,191.50
Wiki Edits: 277
No, Palicos only come with you if you are alone or with one other hunter. Besides, hunters are usually far more powerful than any palico will ever be.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
That's questionable.
And racist.
Most competent hunters. Whenever I see a hunter faint, I always think, damn, my palico wouldn't have died.
i'm pretty sure you meant to reply to the guy below this comment XD
Can I change the name of my Palico without creating a new save?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

As far as I know, no. Names and most appearance options are usually set in stone after character creation.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
Can you get more palicos and switch them?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

No, you only have one palico this time.
your palico can recruit "wild" palicos in the area provided you find them and your palico talks to them into joining your quest/mission. The duration will be only for that quest/mission afterward its just you and your palico. No you cannot switch your palico for any of those they recruit.
I once saw my Palico (who i named after my long dead cat) carry a cannonball and load it with me in a cannon during the Zorah event.
And then man up a turrent and shooting the everloving crap out of said dragon afterwards.

Give or take, that was so badass that i always give my Palico the best gear i can craft.
I named my palico after a long dead cat of mine and have witnessed the same.
Turrent
anyone know a detailed guide of all/any the palico menus? I'm newish to the game and I have no idea about them but I'm guessing it's fairly importaint...
What is the max level cap for palico?
tight