Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

How do you unlock these? I've always made sure to investigate things like monster tracks, but I'm in the Rotten Vale, and the Investigations category is still greyed out.
You'll need to go to the Resource Center and manually select which Investigations you want to show up on the Quest Board by manually selecting them from the Investigation menu.
wow... this is the important part : "You'll need to go to the Resource Center and manually select which Investigations you want to show up on the Quest Board by manually selecting them from the Investigation menu."
VIP

Noleen

Addicted
First Warden

Cute Underwear

Souls: 2,851.00
Wiki Edits: 470
This page should just explain how investigations works since they are randomly generated, it's impossible to make a list.
Shop IconShop Icon
What's the difference between investigations and expeditions?
Investigations are missions and you get a little more reward than regular missions and expeditions is free roam.
Every time you simply move to any location - is called expedition. Investigation is basically the same as optional quest, but you get more rewards
Why are there so many of the same investigation quests? I've been farming rathian and capturing her in high rank in a lot of kinda ways that must help me get rubies but the rathian investigation just won't pop out in high rank.....this is blowing my mind
randomly generated higher chance to get quest for the same monster if you track it but it could also appear by killing other higher rank monsters
That's just how it works, had the same issue trying to fish out Tobi-Kadachi investigation. It'll get easier to get what you need in 2/3 threat level since there's less possible targets ...
How do you know which are high rank and which are low rank investigations from the screen?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,186.50
Wiki Edits: 277
By how many stars it has. 6 and above are high rank. The star icon will also be orange.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno
Blue = LR Red = HR Tempered investigations also have purple outline on monster and purple rewards
Some of the investigations say something like "upsurge: bone piles" or "flourish: herb gathering" or something like that. What does this mean? Are those nodes increased during the investigation?
VIP

Noleen

Addicted
First Warden

Cute Underwear

Souls: 2,851.00
Wiki Edits: 470
Means more spawn for that particular ressource + a unique one hidden on the map, see https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Account+Items
Shop IconShop Icon
Flourishing = Upsurge, in a sense like plants = flourishing, mining outcrops/bonepiles = upsurging. Basially - you get more things from gathering plants, better things from mining outcrops/bonepiles. Have better chance to get rare ingredient from location-specific gathering points, and also there's a unique spawn location for a HIDDEN ingredient(he's literally hidden in a special location - you can't just gather it from common place)

JeeBee

Souls: 50.00
Why does it list "Remaining Attempts"?
And why doesn't the Investigation disappear once I've beaten it?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,186.50
Wiki Edits: 277
Remaining attempts is how many more times you can use that investigation. Once you've used them all, then it will disappear.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno
I can not unlock a investigation-level 6 for Rodoban. I am still killing him, looking for traces but in the supply depot I received only investigate for the great girros. Why? I do not understand.
progress further through the main story
That's just how it works - total RNG, you can track desired monster for days but investigations you get will be random targets from same threat level, BS
Is the golden pickle a threat level 2?
No he is counting as threat lvl 3
Deviljho is level 2