Discuss Bloodborne and Yharnam lore, theories, beasts and the secrets of the land.

zombie1808

Souls: 187.00
I thought they said there only have 1 each type of great one . But you can see amygdalas almost every where like hanging on the roof , chalice dungeon , nightmare frontier a dead one in the hunter nightmare and even use it's finger as a weapon .

BobTheHollow

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,224.50
Wiki Edits: 1
The one in the Labyrinth is supposedly the past version of the Amygdala in the Nightmare Frontier, since the labyrinths would work as a window into past events. The other amygalae, I assume, are actual people who have been transformed by the actual Great One. The ones that grab you can "speak" our language, where an actual Great One's language has to be translate through runes. Another example would be the little spiders surrounding Rom, who drop Madman's Knowlege, hinting that they would've been people who were transformed by Rom.
youTube.com/BobTheHollow - DkS Lore, PvP and Music Videos

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 478.00
Bank: 55,860.00
Wiki Edits: 12172
That's kind of like asking: "Why is there only one Moon Presence?".

There is nothing to prove that this was more than an arbitrary choice by the design team.
Shop IconShop Icon

BobTheHollow

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,224.50
Wiki Edits: 1
I think it's a valid question, since it goes against the established pattern. There's one Rom, one Moon Presence, one Mergo, one Mergo's Wet Nurse... a handful of Amigdalae. It's also a valid question considering that these are just chilling around Yharnam...
youTube.com/BobTheHollow - DkS Lore, PvP and Music Videos

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

BobTheHollow wrote:I think it's a valid question, since it goes against the established pattern. There's one Rom, one Moon Presence, one Mergo, one Mergo's Wet Nurse... a handful of Amigdalae. It's also a valid question considering that these are just chilling around Yharnam...

Sure, but I looked all over and I couldn't find the answer.

They could be children of Amygdala, younger amygdalans, Amygdalas of a different gender or Amygdalas in an altered state.

But I couldn't find anything that limits the possibilities.
Shop IconShop Icon

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 43,808.00
Wiki Edits: 116
In The Futurepress guide to Bloodborne, Miyazaki Mentions The Great Ones And Their Ability To Have Offspring.

https://imgur.com/a/d4WiO

... "The Great Ones Have All Lost Their children Because Of Tehir Positions, And As A Result, They're Attracted To These Special Babies." ... "When It Comes To Living Creatures, The Stronger, More Advanced You Are, The fewer Offspring You Produce In your Life."

Thinking About This Exceprt From The Interview And How We Have Many Amygdala, And How They Understand The Human Language, I'm Of The Opinion Amygdala Is A Lesser Great One Than The Rest.

Shop Icon

Bonaduce80

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 731.00
That quote of Miyazaki's sounds like Ultimate Kars from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure *takes the geek hat off*

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 43,808.00
Wiki Edits: 116
Interesting. Never Got Into Jojo's.

Another Possibilty Is That The Male Great Ones Have An Easier Time Reproducing. Look At All The Wombs Oedon Has Blessed. I Know Amygdala Is Referred To As Lord And Not Lady.

Shop Icon

Bonaduce80

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 731.00
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 72/2af.png

Specifically the text under "sex".

Not that it needs to be more than a coincidence, but given From has dropped a few Jojo references here and there on its games, I wouldn't think them to be above that.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Bonaduce80 wrote:http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/282/772/2af.png

Specifically the text under "sex".

Not that it needs to be more than a coincidence, but given From has dropped a few Jojo references here and there on its games, I wouldn't think them to be above that.

Useless for sex...
Shop IconShop Icon