Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

CasualSamurai

Souls: 65.00
So you just got invaded, good thing you have your overleveled buddies at your side. 1 and 2. You know full well the three of you have full estus (power of the) and you also know I have about 1\3 my normal estus amount on account of the fact I just invaded your world. So with multiple times the damage output, and healing capacity why just sit at the bonfire? Chances are you know you'll win. Throw a dog a bone, progress in the level. Fight some creatures as you go. If you don't pull too many like a moron you'll succeed and have the same effect as just sitting at the bonfire. I'm just trying to enjoy this function of the game. It's almost as if the developers didn't want you to invade in the first place so they stack the world against you when do decide to try to invade. Then on top of all this you and your buddies just sit at bonfire and make it next to impossible. It's an extremely unfortunate oversight on the developers part, and frankly not something I want to use in this state. It shouldn't have been included at all like this. Why? I am a cesspool of hatred and casual play. **** invasions.
Last edited by mothereternity on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited to comply with forum guidelines

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 23,464.50
Wiki Edits: 21
look this is why very few people enjoy invading in DkS3: invasions are a chore that few people like to get themselves in:
you need a lot of patience and you need to be tricky, use all the tricks in the book to gank spank...
FROM have created a big split between the PvPers with this:
now you have the invaders and the Arena players.

I reckon they should indeed severely revise the incentive to invade and the overall balance in their next games because I have not invaded spontaneously at random locations more than 20 times in 2 years...and I pvp basically daily!

steps would include:
not allowing passwords to override soul levels nor upgrade to start with so that you do not have to fight people with the best spells and weapons even when invading at low level.
not allowing items transfers at all.
creating incentives for players to invade in the world rather than the arena. I have a few ideas about this.
long story short I know
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,070.50
announakis wrote:look this is why very few people enjoy invading in DkS3: invasions are a chore that few people like to get themselves in:
you need a lot of patience and you need to be tricky, use all the tricks in the book to gank spank...
FROM have created a big split between the PvPers with this:
now you have the invaders and the Arena players.

I reckon they should indeed severely revise the incentive to invade and the overall balance in their next games because I have not invaded spontaneously at random locations more than 20 times in 2 years...and I pvp basically daily!

steps would include:
not allowing passwords to override soul levels nor upgrade to start with so that you do not have to fight people with the best spells and weapons even when invading at low level.
not allowing items transfers at all.
creating incentives for players to invade in the world rather than the arena. I have a few ideas about this.
long story short I know

removing item transfer would ruin the game to me even further, this crap of a game i already bad enough for me to have to play it form zero every time i decide to make a new build

Wvubeerman

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 776.00
I was trying to solo through the ringed city unembered. Took out the entire swamp and was trying to loot stuff. I was invaded. How??? I was not embered. Personally you should have to utilize he covenant crap to open up for invasions. Sometimes all I want is a little help on a boss. So do I camp out next to the fire when I see I have been invaded, hoover right I do!!! I have only invaded other players in hopes to get better at facing off with people because I did not start this game to do pvp and I have tried a bit in certain areas, but I do not see myself doing this for long. That is just me.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,651.01
i agree that trade should be banned. get your stuff yourself!
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build
"Personally you should have to utilize he covenant crap to open up for invasions." Bloodborne did something like that for invasions, and as a result invading was so rare that no one invaded at all, thing is most people don't want to be invaded, so if the devs give players the ability to "disable" invasions from their world while still allowing co-op they might as well remove invasions because 70% of the community don't want invaders on their world, 20% would have it on so they can gang spank poor invaders who just want to have fun, and only 10% would actually want invaders, giving players a very poor experience with invading which would just demotivate people to invade.
For someone like me who just loves to have invaders on my world as i play through the level this made every playthrough in Bloodborne after the first one way less fun, I like invaders because they add something entirely new and unpredictable to the game, the mobs are always doing the same thing on the same place but a single invader can change how you will play through the level entirely, but sadly i couldn't have a single one even though i was spamming sinister bell all the way.
In my opinion, invaders should be treated just like enemies, if the host has phantoms, invaders should have a health boost(and damage maybe?), this would balance things for both sides, making invaders weaker for a solo host who is just playing the level(I was ganked by Aldriches once...), but making invaders stronger for a poor invader who is constantly dealing with 3vs1 situations

Jet1337

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,044.00
Wiki Edits: 11
Endgame-level invading is just massively boring. This one time I joined two other guys at the abyssal swamp in the DLC. The invader kept retreating to all the locusts in the area. There are a **** ton of locusts there and it got really boring after a while. Finally, he teamed up with the dragonslayer armour and kept being a cuck, only attacking whoever was fighting the armour. Invaders shouldn't be immune to enemy attacks. I cringe at the thought of having to fight an invader while fighting Midir on the bridge.
Dark Souls 3 -- The Doomslayer: Level 802 ☠ NG+72
https://puu.sh/xueua/ca339065a2.jpg

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 478.00
Bank: 55,860.00
Wiki Edits: 12172
It was good in DS2... then, I don't know wtf happened.
Shop IconShop Icon

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 23,464.50
Wiki Edits: 21
Rakuyo wrote:It was good in DS2... then, I don't know wtf happened.

fan service for casuals happened.
it is still a great game that I love playing but invasions have been butchered in this one because making summoning through password is so easy, all this to please the casuals.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,070.50
announakis wrote:
Rakuyo wrote:It was good in DS2... then, I don't know wtf happened.

fan service for casuals happened.
it is still a great game that I love playing but invasions have been butchered in this one because making summoning through password is so easy, all this to please the casuals.

i agree that the game is doing fansevice to casuals by prioritizing invasions on hosts that have phantoms but i dont think the innocent password system has anything to blame high level players wouldn't be a problem unless you are invading at low level areas