Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Attack level four gives 5% affinity
But how much more or less damage?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,181.50
Wiki Edits: 277
+ or - 25%. Thanks for pointing that out. Adding it now.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno
Now when you say while the opposite is -25% is that like saying, base attack is 25, crit would be 50 and then 0. Or would the bonus automatically apply on non crit attacks.
And for clarity, are crits the attacks with dots under the number?
When your base attack is 25, then 25% of it is 6,25.
So: less damage attacks will deal 25 - 6,25 = 18,75
while crits will deal 25 + 6,25 = 31,25
25 % of 25 is not 25 it is actually 6,25 so it would do 31,25 with crit or 19,25 with -25 %
19.75*
Actually the -25% would make it 18.75
what are you talking about the words don't even say anything in relation to what you are. All that is stated is 25% nothing about 25% of 25 is 25

Tragedy01

Souls: 50.00
WUT DA FUNKER TACTICAL IS THIS GUY EVEN SPEAKING ENGLISH!?!
How tf would it be 19.75%
Lay off the meth
TRIGGERED! Wahahahaha!!!
hehe xd
hehe xd
is it worth making gear with drops found or waiting till later in the game just unlocked the second location
Low rank gear is only good for low rank so go ahead and use your materials now because you will get much better stuff at high rankings

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,181.50
Wiki Edits: 277
Yeah, like anon said, low rank materials will only ever make low rank gear, so go ahead and make it. You'll need it to get through low rank anyways. Plus weapons have to be upgraded from their low rank versions.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno

Lummers74

You've got so much to come, I am actually jealous as I wish I was starting completely fresh but know ing what I now know

Lummers74

Don't spend too much time making low level gear, just do enough to get to the high rank level. You'll see what I mean mate
Well it depends what you are making. If its a weapon then go ahead you would have to make the low rank***** to get to the high rank***** but for armor or equipment for your palico then you don't really have to focus on it too much.
Latent power should be on here
VIP

Noleen

Addicted
First Warden

Cute Underwear

Souls: 3,451.00
Wiki Edits: 470
Added.
So, affinity is basically the chance for a critical hit? Ugh.. I hate when games give these things misleading names.... I thought this referred to your familiarity with the weapon, as that would make more sense with this name.
Well... I guess you could say that it IS your familiarity with said weapon, as being more familiar would allow for more critical dmg where as bring less familiar would be less chance to hit critically *shrugs*
That technically IS what it is. That's kinda where crit hits stem from. You being able to control your weapon to an extent where it does precisely what you want, extra damage included.