Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2140
So, the 2nd series is out
What do you think guys
I've only seen two episodes but it's really good
Can't wait to see all the others episodes

if you don't know the series, you should definitely watch it

Watch on youtube.com
Last edited by Sidney_Losstarot on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 268,794.49
Bank: 7,643.71
Wiki Edits: 20454
Welp. The "other world" is the hunter's nightmare, and we've been watching 80s Bloodborne all along!

Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Fexelea wrote:Watched another episode of stranger things. A character goes down into a horrid cave. As he walked forward in the darkness, I noticed a rather peculiar shape looming in the background.

Unable to resist, I said out loud "watch out for the a-hole"... not three seconds later a full on fart caught the guy on the face and almost killed him.

We had to stop the show for 20 minutes as I laughed myself to tears.
Fextralife.com
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Today's tweet

Fextralife.com

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 18,874.50
In these days i've almost finished the second season....2 episodes and it's done
Wow, this 2nd season is awesome
Great job and l'et's hope the third season will be as good as the first two

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,695.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I am one episode away from the end of season 2...and it has still not brought anything interesting to the table. It is a vague rehash of old references etc but without the new flair of season 1...it is trying to make up for the lack of plot and character design by over extending boring scenes, pretending to unravel mysteries when in fact you have all figured out from the start and the whole season painfull crawls your way...I fully expect a deflated half surprise in the end.
It got me so anoyed that all I see is how bad actors are, how pathetic the take on psychic powers is etc...
I mean, Cronenberg must be feeling like nobody ever saw Scanners...It is not like something like Akira happened a while ago or more recently Chronicle....but Eleven, for all her might, is still taping into her crazy telekinetic powers to knock out someone with a grilled squirrel (do not laugh, it is actually happening) and to manifest her frustration by slapping doors shut without touching them...Oh dear...
The Duffer Brothers should have skipped the temptation of doing another season that they clearly were not prepared to bare to life and shoudl have focused on doing something else imo.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Damn that's some harsh criticism xD

I'm watching it in the context of a kid's show - wasn't expecting it to be masterful storytelling nor real sci-fi or horror. It's not the best show out there, but the things mentioned above didn't bother me as much.
Fextralife.com

Bonaduce80

Casual
Convict

Souls: 287.50
I saw the first season just a few months ago after hearing many good things about the show but not knowing exactly what to expect. Stranded from all the hype, I found the first season engrossing and very well acted (unconventional child actors who don't need to look like models and sound genuine? What madness is this?)

Maybe the biggest problems of the mew season are that stays too close to the first season in some aspects (Joyce going overprotective but from the show's point of view she is right albeit it keeps her family stuck in the trauma of 1 year ago, mystery that sounds hollow and doesn't explore the nature of the Upside Down, new characters who are there just to gove something to do to the old ones but feel awfully underdeveloped, and of course keeping Eleven on the bench for most of the season) while letting the original's strengths go (soulful yet instinctive and feral Eleven stuck in that cabin, breaking the foursome which was in my opinion the real heart of the series: Will and Mike together on their own are such a bore, bless their hearts.)

All of this being said, season 2 has positive things going for it (Max is sadly wasted but is very intriguing with the little she is given to do, and Bill in chapter 9 shows what he could have been if properly developed; Bob is great and Dustin and Steve bromance is very entertaining). For what it is I liked it very much but I think the binge watching format spares it a fair bit of criticism people would notice if they were given time to think between episodes. On the other hand, other people seem to have bought way too much the hype for the series and expect or demand much more than what the show really is. Maybe it is because I saw it away from that, but I find it good without being great. And hey, there's nothing wrong with that.

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 18,874.50
I find the second season and the series in general really interesting, compared to many series that every month appear on the screen with boring stories and/or characters.....
The actors are great (i love those kids, they remind me the Goonies ^^) and i love the story being a fan of Lovecraft and alternate dimensions based story in general....
So yeah, for me it's a great series and i can't wait to see the last two episodes tonight :00008: